2br-DVD wont play all Blue Rays

My 2br-dvd won't play all blue rays.  Does anybody know where I can get the upgrade disk on-line.  Insignia in all their wisdom took this ability off their website - what a bunch of idiots!!

Frustrated in TX

Visitor

Re: 2br-DVD wont play all Blue Rays

somebody this is driving me crazy....... if any1 knows where to get the firmware update please post.....

thanks in advance

Visitor

There is nothing available. We got duped into buyting this peice of garbage that will not play any of the new movies. Buy a Sony.

They say that they are sending me a disk that will upgrade, but it will take a few weeks.
Insignia Support

Hello TexasDJ15,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the situation with the firmware update you need for your Blu-ray player.  I understand that a disk is being sent to you; please let us know if there's anything we can do for you after you receive it!

For others needing to update their firmware, the Insignia™ product page will be updated shortly to include a link to the firmware update.  You may also contact Insignia™ at 1-877-467-4289 to have a disk shipped if needed.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
John
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted

Hi, I ran into the same problem and called them at 877-467-4289 and they were very aware of the problem.  They HAVE removed the download from their site but will send you a CD.  Downside of that is it will take 7-10 business days to get to you.   Daniel, who I spoke to, had no idea why the site was not complete; said there was some maintenance going on.... guess they just dn't tell everything to their reps.

Good Luck from NC

I am not sure how long it takes to update a site for firmware that is REQUIRED for you to play some of the newer Blu-Ray discs, but you would think it would be of high priority. The idea that the download is not up immediately demonstrates very poor customer service. To add to that I see that John has responded to other threads saying the issue is addressed here. However, when you click on the link there is no download. So the issue is not and has not been addressed, all we have is a link that shows us nothing.

I am curious if there will be a download as it hasn't been posted yet. If there ever will be a download, do we have any idea when? I have Blu-Ray discs that I rented that have to go back now and I was unable to watch them because of the lack of an update.  Thus far, this product has been a waste of time and money. 

1 week later.....still no disc delivered to my home and still nothing on the website!!

I too lost $$ having to return blue rays back to the video store waiting for the update!

Insignia Support

[ Edited ]

Hello Texas DJ15,

The firmware update is now available for download with complete instructions for installation.

Regards,

John
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Re: 2br-DVD Firmware update to BD Live

When are we going to get a firmware to bring our players up to Profile 2.0, like it says on the box?  I was told that we were going to get a firmware update in MARCH.  That was 2 months ago!  I noticed that Insignia is now selling players that come BDLive ready.  Insignia just wants your money, while failing to provide satisfactory customer support.  The box that the player came in said that the player will be Profile 2.0 with a future update, so where is it?  Are we expected to go out and buy the NS-BDLIVE01 models?