Visitor
TomAG

Blu Ray player keeps starting and shutting itself off

My NSWRDVD2 blu ray player has been not used and unplugged for 2 months.  When I plugged it back in, it began shutting itself off and coming back on randomly.  While it is briefly on, the dvd tray also opens and closes repeatedly by itself.  I can't get it to stay on long enough to check for software updates.  Anyone else have this problem?  What can I do?

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: Blu Ray player keeps starting and shutting itself off

Hello TomAG,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Try these steps:

• Remove the batteries from your remote control, press all buttons and install new batteries. This will reset the remote.
  • Power cycle your player by turning it off and unplugging it for several minutes.

If the problem persists, there may be a conflict with other devices. Try removing the batteries from other remotes that you use. Does the problem continue? If so, your player may need repairs. If not, try to identify the culprit remote by installing batteries in the them one at a time until the problem resumes. Let us know your results!

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

vinnirules

Re: Blu Ray player keeps starting and shutting itself off

I have this same exact problem and it started occurring when using with my 32in Samsung TV.  My Insignia Blu-ray player shuts itself off and coming back ons randomly and when on the dvd tray also opens and closes repeatedly by itself.  I noticed that it appears to occur when using certain buttons on my Samsung TV remote.  Please let me know how to keep this from occurring (besides not using this blu-ray on this TV).  thank you.