jwt
jwt

Blu-ray firmware update

I purchased my Blu-ray wireless player in December. I downloaded the most recent firmware upgrade and it appears to be older than what I already have, which is puzzling:

Current version   PKG_DVD_3_2_022_RC_21_BestBuy

Update version   PKG_DVD_3_1_030_RC_14_BestBuy

Am I correct? Is the current firmware version newer than the update version?

It would be nice if the update program on the Blu-ray player would tell me when the current version on the Blu-ray is the same or newer than the update version on the USB key so that I wouldn't have to worry about "updating" to an older version of the firmware.

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: Blu-ray firmware update

Hello jwt,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

The firmware on your player may be newer than what is posted on the website.  A recent firmware update was posted, but has been temporarily withdrawn for modifications.  If your player is functioning without issue, you needn't take any action at this time.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

jwt
jwt

Re: Blu-ray firmware update

John,

Thank you for your prompt response, but could you please answer my question? Is the firmware update on the Insignia website that I listed older than the current firmware version I have on my Blu-ray player? I assume from the numbering sequence it is, but my interpretation of the numbering sequence and assumption can be wrong. I don't work for Insignia or profess to be knowledgeable about their products. You on the other hand are listed as "Insignia Support" and so I trust are familiar with the numbering sequence and can tell me whether the version on my Blu-ray player is newer than that on Insignia's website. If you can't, please pass my message along to someone who can.

Thanks,

JWT