mikeG
Accepted Solution

Change Netflix Activation

We purchased a NS-WBRDVD and it appears that someone owned it before us and registered it.  We can see their Netflix Queue, but can not find a way to change the activation so ours shows up.  Netflix asks for an activation code, but we can not figure out how to get one since this machine is already associated with someone else's account.  Any ideas?

I tried the factory default option, it reset the wireless info, but left the Netflix info.

Visitor
TLA8791

Re: Change Netflix Activation

I tried the factory default option, it reset the wireless info, but left the Netflix info.

That should have worked, I had to reset my player recently and after re-starting it, I had to register it again.

mikeG

I used the reset option through the menu.  Is there another way to do it?
Visitor
TLA8791

I used the same option, Mike. Menu>settings>system>reset.
Regular Contributor
XPDosher

If a reset didn't do it I would contact Netflix - they likely have a procedure to address this.  Worst case you can exchange the unit for one that has not been previously registered.
Visitor
Datamedic

The only 'straightforward' way to do it is to go into the OLD account, UNregister the device, wait 1/2 hour or so, remove AC power from the player, and then go back into the player menu and your new account and do a new activation.

Obviously, since you aren't the holder of the old account, this won't work for you. You will have to contact Netflix... maybe they have a method to force unregistering...

Good luck, let us know what Netflix tells you!

mikeG

I had to do it twice, but the factory reset option worked the second time.  My mistake was not hitting the red button and saying yes to signing up for a trial membership.  As soon as I connected, it asked me if I had an account already and then gave me the code.  Previously I connected directly to Netflix and it held on to the old account info so I didn't think it worked. 

Thanks for all the advice!

Tom93

I first tried the 'settings' on the TV but that didn't work, then went into the 'settings' in the blu-ray area - there I had an option to just de-activate netflix, just de-activate pandora, or de-activate both. That worked.