Ashalalynn12

Connecting Blu Ray player to the Internet

I have a Insignia NS-DRVCR and can't figure out how to connect it to my wireless Internet. When I try to set it up wirelessly it says it "Failed" and then when I manually type in my IP address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway it says "Timed Out". My wireless Internet works just fine for my Laptop so I'm confused why it won't work for my Blu Ray player. Do I really have to get an Ethernet Bridge?

Thanks,

Ashley

Regular Contributor
mdavej

Re: Connecting Blu Ray player to the Internet

Is this a joke? I can't connect my VCR to the internet either and don't know what difference it would make if I could.

Ashalalynn12

Umm no, I can get Netflix through it that's why I need it to be hooked to the internet....

Regular Contributor
mdavej

[ Edited ]

A 6 year old VCR  like the NS-DRVCR you're asking about can't play netflix, much less connect to the internet in any way. The only Insignia players with netflix are the WBRDVD, WBRDVD2, BRDVD3 and BRDVD4. Only the WBRDVD and WBRDVD2 are wireless. If you don't have one of those two "W" models, you have to plug it into your network with a cable or buy a bridge or gaming adapter. If you don't have any of the "BR" models, you can't play netflix at all. It's much cheaper to just buy a wireless player in the first place than to add a bridge later.

Ashalalynn12

I'm sorry you think I'm an idiot but it came with the wrong User Guide. I do have a NS-WBRDVD2 and can't get it to connect to the Internet.

Ashalalynn12

I was able to get it to connect to the wireless Internet but now Netflix isn't working. Says there isn't an internet connection?

Contributor
terrimaree

Sometimes you just have to re-connect. Try to disconnect then reconnect. Make sure the password is there, and that you have selected the right type of encryption if you need to. If I have trouble I sometimes go to the network list (I see neighbors networks all the time). I delete the one for me and re-enter things fresh. I've had my internet provider change some things before that made the blu-ray unhappy with what was saved but re-doing it, it found everything and connected just fine with the right IP settings etc.