Contributor

How to configure NS-BDLIVE01 internet connection.

My internet provider is Time Warner Cable.

I tried to configure my player's internet connection using the dynamic option of the IP Mode but I was not able to obtain an automatic IP address.

I can't configure it manually because I don't know the values to be entered. 

When I inserted the Time Warner cable to the ethernet jack of my player what is shown on my TV screen is a "picture of the ethernet cable with a check beside it".  I tried to test the connectivity and it says " error".

Can anybody help me how to configure.

Thanks

Insignia Support

Re: How to configure NS-BDLIVE01 internet connection.

Hello BOYL,

The product owner's manual (under the Support tab) has been updated with instructions for taking advantage of the BD Live features.  If you've already followed these steps or have additional concerns, please let us know.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support
Contributor

Hi John!

I've already followed the instruction on my NS-BDLIVE01 owner's manual (the same as the manual in the support tab) in how to configure your player's internet connection by selecting: network; IP mode; Dynamic and save.  i also tried it now using the same configuration and the result is still the same.  It doesn't give an automatic IP address (N/A) and when I test the connectivity, it says - Connectivity Test -ERROR.  

I have talked with the technical assistance of Time Warner Cable and she said that their network is configured with DHCP set to ON and DNS set to AUTO.

Regular Contributor

What are you connecting the other end of the ethernet cable to? Cable box, router,something else? Can you plug a laptop in instead of the Blu-Ray player and check that it can get an IP address?

Steve.

Contributor

Hi Steve!

I'm plugging the ethernet cable direct to my laptop.  I don't have any router so when I connect the ethernet cable to the blu ray player it is direct connection. how can i check the IP address using my laptop.

Regular Contributor

That wont work unless your laptop is configured to allow internet access for other devices. You can use the Network Setup Wizard to enable Internet connection sharing if you really want to do this. You might need a crossover Ethernet cable too, rather than the one you're using.

Do you have anything plugged in to your cable modem or are you all wireless?

Steve.

Contributor

Hello Steve!

I'm not intending to make an internet connection sharing.  When I'm watching blu ray movies I'm not going to use my laptop (Gateway 17" model  P-6831 FX) simultineously cause I'm also using my TV as my monitor.  So what I'm intending to do is when I'm watching blu ray movies with BD Live feature I'm going to connect my ethernet cable direct to my NS-BDLIVE01 player.

I'm not wireless and I'm not connecting anything to the modem.

Is there a possibility that the ethernet port of my player is defective or I just don't know how to configure it but I've already followed the step by step in how to configure the internet connectionin the manual.

Contributor

Steve

When I inserted the ethernet cable to the ethernet port of my player a prompt note "Link up" with a picture of the ethernet cable and a check beside it appears on the TV.  What does this mean?

Regular Contributor

The Ethernet connection on your BluRay player is intended to allow the player to pull additional content from the Internet. If you're not going to use it then simply don't connect it. If you want to use it then there has to be a connection from the player to the Internet. So if you connect the player to your laptop and your laptop isn't connected to the Internetthen it aint gonna work.

Steve.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

BOYL wrote:

Steve

When I inserted the ethernet cable to the ethernet port of my player a prompt note "Link up" with a picture of the ethernet cable and a check beside it appears on the TV.  What does this mean?

I imagine it simply means that the player has seen that it has something connected to the ethernet port - in this case your laptop.

Steve.

Message Edited by SteveEast on 09-12-2009 11:28 AM