Visitor
jmouga05

NS-2BRDVD Firmware Updates

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have the NS-2BRDVD. I have never done any firmware updates on it. I was purchased just over a year ago. From my internet research, it seems as if there have been two firmware updates for this model. The first was for the usb port. The most recent in June 2009 was for the ethernet port and BD Live capability. Keep in mind that I have not done either of these firmware updates.

I recently tried to update my firmware with the update from June 2009 on your website. I burned the .ISO image to 2 DVD-Rs one at the maximum writing speed and the second at the slowest writing speed. Neither disk is being read by my player. It acts as if it is loading for a few seconds and then it says "No Disc". With this happening, no update can take place.

My question is: do i need the previous update in order to do the June 2009 update? If so, I will need that sent to me since it is no longer available on your website.

If that is not the problem, then I need help getting my player updated so that I can play all of my discs.

I would greatly appreciate any help that you can provide me.

Thanks,

Josh {edited per Community Guidelines}

Gainesville, GA

Message Edited by John-INSG on 01-14-2010 06:03 AM
Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: NS-2BRDVD Firmware Updates

Hello Josh,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Updates provided before the June 2009 version are not required to update your player.  However, to be recognized by the player, the firmware has to be burned as a disk image, not a data disk.  Instructions for burning a disk in the correct format can be found here.  I recommend burning the disk at a low speed, like 4x, to ensure no errors in the file.  If you've followed these instructions and still cannot install the update, you may contact Product Support at 1-877-467-4289 to have a disk shipped to you.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support
eddmon

Understanding that there are no firmware updates for this model after June, 2009, are there any firmware updates being planned for this model? In particular, the ability to stream Netflix. The June, 2009 firmware update does allow this player to take advantage of BD-Live content, which is a nice touch.

I see where there are updates for other players to have the ability to stream Netflix. If Insignia could squeeze one out for this model, that would be great.

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello eddmon,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Unfortunately, the NS-2BRDVD player was not designed for Netflix and cannot be updated to support this feature.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Contributor
deej

Well then why was the Ethernet plug even put on this model?

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello deej,

On this model, the ethernet port is for access to BD Live content.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support