NS-BRDVD4 Not Playing New BR Movies

Hello,

I have the NS-BRDVD4, and we tried a new BR movie last night and it mentioned that I needed to update the firmware. I updated to te newest firmware on the site and I still get the error. Teh movie we were tring to watch was Broken City.

Thanks JR

Visitor

Re: NS-BRDVD4 Not Playing New BR Movies

I had the same problem with Broken City movie on my NS-WBRDVD Blu-Ray player. Called Tech Support and was advised that no firmware update available for my player that would allow playing the newer movies. My 3 year old DVD player is now obsolete! I was a loyal Insignia customer with 3 TV's and this DVD player, but now must buy another brand that will support their products longer than 3 years!

Hello,

Thank you. I was just recently informed of the same thing, and I will no longer support Insignia. It is absolutely crazy not to support an item that is only three years old. Better of buying a Sony, Sanyo who are larger companies and better support service.

JR

Highlighted
Insignia Support

Hello gaspower and jms709ww,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

Insignia is dedicated to meeting consumers’ needs and is always exploring new ways to bring innovation, value and dependability to our products. While we focus on creating new connected products that take advantage of the latest technologies, we’re not always able to support backward compatible updates to our older hardware models. Such is the case for our Blu-ray models which will no longer be supported with firmware updates. Of course, these products will continue to operate as they do today -- playing DVDs, older Blu-ray disks, and streaming internet content -- and our customers can still take advantage of hardware support through our in-store, online and over the phone Geek Squad agents.  If you have specific questions about these or other Insignia products, you may contact Insignia Customer Service at 1-877-467-4289.

Regards,
Insignia™ Support

Hello

I understand the reply, but you have lost two customers, and I am sure more after they realize that you do not support units only three years old.

JR

This is ridiculous. Add my name to the list of customers trying to watch Broken City on an Insignia Blu-ray. It seems extremely unacceptable that Insignia is choosing to no longer support this product even before CD-Roms are phased out. That was an expensive lesson to learn and now have no faith my machine will play the next movie i rent. But I'll make certain my friends and family don't make the same mistake by purchasing an Insignia product.

This is ridiculous, this lack of attention to support for a product less than 3 years old has destroyed my faith in your product line.  Not only will my next player be another brand, but I will never consider another Insignia product.  This is a good way to destroy your brand loyalty.

I cannot believe this.  I thought I was crazy.  I too was trying to watch Broken City and it told me to update firmware.  After going through the process it said there was no update.  Wasn't this released this year.  What makes this backwards technology?  I am not a techie so I am afraid I don't understand what is happening.  Will there be other movies that have the same issue?

In reading through some of the posts it is obvious that my 2 1/2 year old Insignia is out of date already.  I will not buy my next one from Insignia.

CH

Really!!!!  What a horrible non people centered, carring for your customer company is this.  Well i guess i am done buying insignia.  I have a brand new mac book pro (2012)  and i also still have my first ever from 2005 power book G4.  It still recieves updates.  Insignia get with the program.  You come out with one blu ray player a year.  how dumb is it for you to say that you dont want to go backwards.  Its only 4 blu ray players.  and how different is the soft ware from all four of thoughs.  I guess its time to switch to to one of the big 3.