Visitor
Accepted Solution

NS-WBRDVD cannot connect to wireless network

I have done everything I can think of to get this thing connected.  Did the firmware update.  Went through the steps to get to wireless connection.  Correct wireless network comes up and asks for the password.  I enter the password and it say that the connection failed.  I have U-verse internet service.  Do I need to do something with the security software?  Lost and frustrated.  I've had no problems before.  I've connected a wii, two iphones, an XBOX360, etc. to the network and have had no difficulties.  Any ideas?

Visitor

Re: NS-WBRDVD cannot connect to wireless network

No one???
Contributor

Well, looks like I'm having the same problem.  I have a Westell Versalink 327W wireless router.  Standard 64-bit WEP encryption.  Network name is correct, and triple checked.  WEP password is correct and triple checked.  I tried setting up the ip manualy and dynamically.  The player sees the wireless signal, but when I hit connect it fails.  The icons I see in the network list is a floppy disk, router, b/gWiFi Certified logo, three bars on the signal strength, and a lock.  Any help would be appreciated.
Visitor

I have the exact same problem too.  I called the 1-800 number, and they dont seem to know the problem.  They told me to return it to the store, and have them test out the wifi.  I took it back and they said they couldnt test it out, and just exchanged it thinking it was a bad a unit.  When i got home, same problem.

Hello Insignia what is the problem here, obviously many people are having it 

Contributor

Did a firmware update through a wired connection to no avail.  Still says failed when trying to hook up wirelessly.
Visitor

yeah i did the firmware update through ethernet cable to get the netflix, but the whole point of this model is for wifi, which of course, I cant get to work

I'm having the exact same problem.  If you check out AVSForum: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1182110&page=2, everyone seems to be in the same boat.

I went through entering the name and password, I get a "connected" at the top right of the screen.  When I try and access Netflix (I have downloaded the firmware) it says I have no connection.  I try and go to test connection and I get "obtaining ip address" and it just stays like that.  Went in and entered everything manually, ip, mac, mask, etc and tried it dynamically as well.

Insignia...  Did you really not test this at all?  I can say this will probably lead me to never take a second look at any one of your products...ever.   

The guy in India on the phone had absolutely no clue what I was talking about.  After putting me on hold for 10 minutes, he came back saying that I should return it to the store to check the wifi connection.   

Visitor

Ok ... I called AT&T U-verse, and the problem was with the open encryption that they use.  The guy went in and changed the encryption on my entire network.  It was a bit tedious, because we had to go through all my wireless devices and reestablish the connection, but it is now working great.  If you guys are having the same problem, maybe try changing the type of encryption you have on your network.

Well, I just wasted several hours of my life and I can't believe how simple the fix was.  BestBuy and Insignia support are CLUELESS!!  It is so easy.  My router uses WEP as it's security protocol but the player doesn't support it.  I changed my network to WPA TKIP (check your ISP's website to figure out how to reconfigure your router correctly) and used the same password I had before to keep things simple.  Now everything works.  What a pain in the ASS!
Visitor

Still not working for me. Any ideas why? changed my router's security to WPA TKIP and kept the password and network name but still not working on the player.