Visitor

Re: NS-WBRDVD cannot connect to wireless network

It says connection success, but when i got to connect to netflix, it says interntet not configured correctly
Visitor

After you change the configuration, you have to delete the wireless connection from your player and then exit.  Go back to the settings icon.  Then go to the wireless connection again, and it will pick up your new, reconfigured network.
Visitor

This is absoluetly insane, i did exactly what u said, and it says success, but still wont connect to netflix.  I cant believe how stupid this thing is
Contributor

[ Edited ]

For a second I thought, well that's nice of AT&T to change their security protocol to accomodate one man's Blu-Ray.  Then reality struck me, when I realized what AT&T actually did.  Like another poster said the solution was simple, change your router's security from WEP to WPA and all is well.  However, why would WEP even be listed as an option for the Blu-Ray player when it doesn't support it?  I actually considered that as a possible solution early on, but dismissed it cause it didn't make sense, and it was too easy an answer.

Well, it worked for me and that's all that matters, even started to watch Rise of the Lycans.

DX31698 not sure what's going on there.  I can only suggest to take it back and get a new one and get a fresh start, or if you haven't updated the firmware yet, hook it up to a ethernet cable and upgrade it, then try to connect it wirelessly.

Message Edited by maximus92 on 10-21-2009 11:50 PM
Insignia Product Engineer

The player does support WEP using the Open Keys method.

Hi,

My name is Roger and I would like to try and assist you.  Please tell me the make and model of your router.

Visitor

Im using a verizon fios router model#MI424WR, please help. 

Let's first see if your router shows the NS-WBRDVD as being connected.  Please use a computer that is connected to your router to access it's home page.  The default location if you haven't changed it is http://192.168.1.1. Once there select the "My Network" page.  Look through the entries for one called NS-WBRDVD.  If you find it please let me know.

Visitor

Good luck to you guys.  The netflix feature is awesome.  Great picture quality, etc. 
Visitor

I have the exact same issue using a NETGEAR DGN2000 router.  If I shut off encryption totally, the unit connects to my network fine and I even get Netflix to work. 

However, if I use any kind of encryption (WEP, WPA-TPIK, WPA2-TPIK) and try to connect either from the network list or manually, I get a "Connection to (router name) .... Success"  message, but the Link Status is stuck on "Acquiring IP Address" with IP Mode on Dynamic. 

I tried calling the support desk about this (ticket #5580783) but they said i needed to contact the router manufacturer (who in turn said that I needed to contact Insignia).  Please help.