Visitor

Re: NS-WBRDVD cannot connect to wireless network

Well in my case, I think the router just got in a bad state where it wasn't able to reliably set up a new device. Rebooting the router resolved the problem.
Visitor

Ok I am feeling everybody's pain! I have talked to India several times. I had by English speaking provider switch me to WPA.My screen says I am connected but nothing happens.Tells me I need a connection. I downloaded the upgrade on a stick is that ok? I do have Netflix logo on screen. On one phone call to India they said I need to call back my router provider and have them open a port??? I do have a DAY JOB already.
Regular Contributor

After a hint by Gremlin in another thread, I tried some things and was able to connect wirelessly for the first time in a week.

I deleted any saved networks

I disabled wired networking

I went into wireless networking and set it up manually

I put in my ISPs DNS server IP addresses (got them off my router)

I put in my ISPs IP address as the gateway server (got it off my router)

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

This is not 'done' by any means ... I was not able to download what appears to be a new firmware update (not sure if the problem is on my side or the Insignia server side), and I can barely browse my Netflix queue... mostly I get 'error connecting to Netflix' and if I keep trying I can sort of keep navigating around.  Haven't been able to successfully start watching a movie yet.

Note - I was able, out of the box, to download the first Netflix firmware upgrade and watch a movie, but not since then, until I did the above.

Visitor

I've been following this thread, because I've been terribly frustrated trying to set up the player to play Netflix wirelessly. I was having the same problems as everyone else, regarding both the setup and trying to get support from techs- both Insignia and AT&T. No luck!!!

After a week of pulling my hair out, (which didn't work), yesterday I decided to return the player to BestBuy, since I only wanted it for the Netflix viewing capability. But before I did, I tried one last thing.... I moved my router into the same room as the player. VOILA!!!  Instant success!  The player connects to Netflix quickly, and the movies play beautifully with no interruptions.

I've never had problems going online with my computer, so I figured the router was okay where it was. Not so...

A low-tech solution, for sure, but I hope my experience will help some of you who are having problems.

You may find that when setup asks you for name of network and password, there is also a selection for "PIN"

I had to update the firmware on my linksys router to support this feature for easier networking.  I was not able to connect manually, but after updating the firmware and going to "wi fi protected setup" you follow the choices and it will offer you a pin number.  type it in when required and you may be up and running.

I just did it and was able to connect to netflix.  we'll see what happens next.

Visitor

Has anyone got this to work with WEP encryption and the Verizon FIOS wireless modem.  If so a step by step would be greatly appreciated.  Seems many have the same problem.  Thanks guys.
Contributor

I had the same problem. I have Qwest DSL in the Denver area and an Actiontec GT701WG wireless modem/router. I first had to change my encryption from WEP to WPA. I kept the same password and had very little trouble getting my laptop to work on the network, and my two iPod touches automatically connected.

I then did a manual wireless connection in the blu-ray player, set ad hoc to yes, entered the network name and password, and made sure my ip addressing was set to dynamic. This worked.

I now have another problem which I will start a new thread about.

I didn't have aproblem connecting using Shared WEP, after I changed my router settings, but now I have other devices that can't connect becasue they need Open WEP.

Why does the player not support Open WEP, and do you plan to upgrade the firmware to allow Open Wep security. BTW, the other devices support ONLY Open WEP.

Visitor

Insignia rep told me unit cannot do WEP encryption at this time but they are working on it.  Suggests to change network to WPA which is crap.  No time frame for WEP to be available.

I'm having trouble with this too.  I have a At&t dsl, I have a 2WIRE router.  I changed the encryption from WEP to WPA, but still nothing.  At first, it will connect and say it's good, but when i tried to run Netflix, it says no network present.  Also, now when i try to connect to my router, i input the password and it says its incorrect. Which is total balogne, cuz its right i verified it many many times.  I am using the default key, which is on the router itself.  Should i creat a new password? since i'm i changed it from WEP to WAP? I need help man this is driving me crazy.