Pixieydust

VCR/DVD No Disc Error

Hi.  I have had the Dvd/vcr combo for some time and get an error of no disc on some movies while others work just fine.  I try to fix it by playing one that works and swipe it for the other and sometimes it works.  I was wondering if there is anything else I can do since they are now discontinued?

I have been fighting this for a while and I really can't afford a new player.

Thanks in advance

Pixieydust

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: VCR/DVD No Disc Error

Hello Pixieydust,

Welcome to the forums!  I'd be happy to look into this for you if you'll reply with the model number of your DVD/VCR combo player.  I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support  

Pixieydust

Hi John!  Thanks for getting back to me so soon!  Where do I find the model number?  I hope its not on the back of the player! LOL I am disabled and its hard for me to pull the player where it is...I am short too!  I know on the front it says go vide, and it has the dvd on the left and the vcr on the right.  I am figuring you need the numbers and I am betting they are on the back.  It might take me a bit but I will try to get them.

Thanks again!

Pixiey

Pixieydust

OK, here are the numbers...had to get my son to help. 

June 2005

38S0r2352H  ---No idea what that is to..also the s might be a 5 not sure

I hope I can get some help!  Thanks1

Pixieydust

Any chance of getting help please?
Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello Pixiey,

I'm sorry for the long delay in reply and thank you for the information you provided.  Unfortunately, the numbers you provided aren't the model number; it usually starts NS or IS.  Nonetheless, I reviewed the manuals for a few different DVD/VCR combo players to see if your concern was addressed there.

In most cases where there is a "no disc" error, the lens has become dirty and needs to be cleaned.  If cleaning the lens doesn't correct the problem and the player still doesn't recognize discs when inserted, your player may require service.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

John
Insignia™ Support