jasims45

blu ray not picking up remote

My insignia blu ray player wont pick up the remote control signal. i checked the remote signal with a digital camera and it is still putting out a signal,so it must be the player itself. any suggestions.

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: blu ray not picking up remote

Hello jasims45,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Try these steps: power-cycle your player by turning it off and unplugging it for an hour. Reset your remote control by removing the batteries, pressing all of its buttons, and installing fresh batteries. You may also try restoring your player to factory defaults and then power-cycling.  If these steps do not resolve the issue, you may obtain service by carrying the unit in to the place of purchase. Remember to bring along your original receipt for validation of the one-year warranty.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Visitor
kpberry

Purchased  model wbrdvd2 November 2011.

I also have remote control issues. I've found that whenever remote doesn't work I have to reset unit by unplugging for up to 15 minutes. Sometimes audio won't work either. Same reset required to fix.

I really liked this unit and loved the price, but was embarrassed as I bought it for my Mom for Christmas. It didn't last 1 hour before remote control didn't work. I suspected the remote itself but have since taken the unit to my home to 'figure it out' and discovered that the problem is in the unit itself. Needless to say, I can't have my 76 year old mother reaching behind the TV to unplug the unit everytime it fails.

Bought her another Christmas present in February. Sorry Mom.

I'd love to hear of a solution available through, perhaps firmware update, Before I post any reviews of the product. 

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello kpberry,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

You shouldn't have to power-cycle the player or restore it to factory defaults for a remote control problem. Try this: remove the batteries from your remote control, press all of its buttons, and install new batteries. This will serve to reset the remote control. If the problem persists afterward, it's likely the player is at fault and repairs will be required. Service can be obtained by carrying your player in to the place of purchase.

Please know that we regret the inconvenience, especially knowing that your purchase was intended as a gift.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support