Insignia Support

Insignia™ Bluetooth Wireless Behind-the-Head Headphones - Black FAQ

[ Edited ]
Highlighted
Insignia Support

How do I setup my headphones? I cannot get my headphones to pair with my device.

How do I setup my headphones? I cannot get my headphones to pair with my device.

• These headphones support Bluetooth 1.2, A2DP, AVRCP, and HSP.
• Please check the manual that came with your device or contact the device manufacturer to determine if it is compatible with the headphones.

Pairing the headphones

NOTE: Make sure your headphones are fully charged.

Pairing with a computer:

Note: Before you attempt to pair the headphones with your computer, make sure your computer is equipped with an internal Bluetooth Radio by referring to the computer manual or contacting your computer manufacturer; OR install a Bluetooth USB Adapter (dongle).

Windows XP or Windows 2000:

1. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your computer.
2. Open My Bluetooth Places by double-clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the system tray.
3. Click Add a New Bluetooth Device in the upper-left corner.
4. If the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard opens, click Next.
5. Press and hold the Multifunction button on the headphones for more than seven seconds, until short, low tones are played by the earpiece and the blue and red lights flash alternately. This puts the headphones into searchable mode. When the headphones are found, double-click the NS-BTHDP icon on the computer, or highlight it and click Next.
6. Enter 0000 (four zeros) into the Bluetooth security code field, then click Pair Now.
7.  You may select from the following services to use your Bluetooth headphones:
Hands-Free Unit: Establish an audio connection between the computer and Bluetooth headphones. When connected, the headphones can be used as a replacement for the computer’s local microphone and speakers for voice calls (PC telephony) or voice recognition programs.
Stereo Audio: Establish an audio connection between the computer and Bluetooth headphones. When connected, the headphones replace the computer’s speakers.
8. After you have selected the service(s) you would like to use with your Bluetooth headphones, click Next.
9. If using the Bluetooth Wizard, click Finish to end the wizard.
10. Click Start, then Control Panel.
11. Click Sounds and Audio Devices.
12. Click the Audio tab, then select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio from the Sound recording list. Also select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio from the Sound playback list.

Windows Vista:

1. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your computer.
2. Double-click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray.
3. If the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard does not open, select the Devices tab, then click Add. The Add Bluetooth Device Wizard will open. Select My device is set up and ready to be found, then click Next.
4. Press and hold the Multifunction button on the headphones for more than seven seconds, until short, low tones are played by the earpiece and the blue and red lights flash alternately. This puts the headphones into searchable mode. When the headphones are found, double-click the NS-BTHDP icon on the computer, or highlight it and click Next.
5. Enter 0000 (four zeros) into the Bluetooth security code field, then click Pair Now.
6. You may select from the following services to use your Bluetooth headphones:
  • Hands-Free Unit: Establish an audio connection between the computer and Bluetooth headphones. When connected, the headphones can be used as a replacement for the computer’s local microphone and speakers for voice calls (PC telephony) or voice recognition programs.
  • Stereo Audio: Establish an audio connection between the computer and Bluetooth headphones. When connected, the headphones replace the computer’s speakers.
7. After you have selected the service(s) you would like to use with your Bluetooth headphones, click Next.
8. If using the Bluetooth Wizard, click Finish to end the wizard.
9. Click Start, then Control Panel.
10. Click Sounds and Audio Devices.
11. Click the Audio tab, then select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio from the Sound recording list. Also select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio from the Sound playback list.

Mac OS:

1. Press and hold the Multifunction button on the headphones for more than seven seconds, until short, low tones are played by the earpiece and the blue and red lights flash alternately. This puts the headphones into searchable mode.
2. Click on the Apple icon and select System Preferences. The System Preferences menu will open.
3. Under Hardware, click Bluetooth. The Bluetooth menu will open.
4. Click Set Up New Device…
5. The Bluetooth Setup Assistant will open. Click Continue.
6. Now you must select the type of Bluetooth device to setup. Select Headset and then click Continue.
7. When NS-BTHDP appears in the list, select it and click Continue.
8. Once the computer has gathered the needed information from the headset, click Continue.
9. Enter 0000 (four zeros) into the Passkey field and then click Continue.
10. The computer will automatically pair your headphones to your computer. Click Quit when finished.
11. Click the Cog/Gear icon and select Configure this device…
12. Select the services you would like to use with your device. Your options are:
  • Use device as a headset for this computer
  • Use device as headphones for this computer.
13. Click Continue.
14. When finished, click Quit.
15. To begin using your headphones, click the Cog/Gear icon to select from:
  • Use Headset
  • Use Headphones

Pairing with a mobile phone:

Make sure the headphones are off.

1. Press and hold the Multifunction button on the headphones for more than seven seconds, until short, low tones are played by the earpiece and the blue and red lights flash alternately.
2. Refer to the user guide of the device to set it in pairing mode.
3. When the device finds the headset, NS-BTHDP appears on the device’s screen. Accept and confirm the message by entering the keycode 0000 (four zeros).
5. After pairing and connection are finished, a short, high-tone beep plays, and a blue light flashes. The headset is now ready for use.

• The headphones will automatically reconnect to the last-connected phone.

Pairing with other Bluetooth devices:

Make sure the headphones are off.

1. Press and hold the Multifunction button on the headphones for more than seven seconds, until short, low tones are played by the earpiece and the blue and red lights flash alternately.
2. Refer to the user guide of the device to set it in pairing mode.
3. When the device finds the headset, NS-BTHDP appears on the device’s screen. Accept and confirm the message by entering the keycode 0000 (four zeros).
4. After pairing and connection are finished, a short, high-tone beep plays, and a blue light flashes. The headset is now ready for use.

Insignia Support

My battery will not stay charged.

My battery will not stay charged.

• Before you use your headset for the first time, you must charge it for approximately 3.5 hours.
• Please allow the battery to fully charge each time you charge it.
  - The indicator lights turn solid red when recharging.
  - The battery is fully charged with the red indicator lights turn off.

Insignia Support

My headphones will not turn on.

My headphones will not turn on.

• Did you charge the battery? If not, plug in the headphones and let them charge for approximately 3.5 hours.
• Please allow the battery to fully charge each time you charge it.
  - The indicator lights turn solid red when recharging.
  - The battery is fully charged with the red indicator lights turn off.

Insignia Support

I have no sound, my sound keeps going in and out, poor sound quality, etc.

I have no sound, my sound keeps going in and out, poor sound quality, etc.

• If your headphones are connected to a computer, have you changed the Audio settings so that the audio is sent to your headphones, not the speakers?

Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Windows 2000:
1. Click Start, then Control Panel.
2. Click Sounds and Audio Devices.
3. Click the Audio tab, then select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio from the Sound recording list. Also select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio from the Sound playback list.

Mac OS:
1. Click on the Apple icon and select System Preferences. The System Preferences menu will open.
2. Under Hardware, click Bluetooth. The Bluetooth menu will open.
3. Select NS-BTHDP from the list, then click the Cog/Gear icon.
4. Select from:
  • Use Headset
  • Use Headphones

• If your sound quality is poor or the sound keeps going in and out, please make sure you are within 30 feet of the device to which your headphones are connected. The range of the headphones is only 30 feet.
• If the sound is only coming through on one side, make sure your audio settings on your Bluetooth device are set to stereo, not mono.
• If there is a long, low tone that repeats every 30 seconds, your battery is low.

Insignia Support

Where can I get drivers for these headphones?

Where can I get drivers for these headphones?

• Drivers are not available for these headphones; however, these headphones will work with any Bluetooth device that is Bluetooth 1.2, A2DP, AVRCP, or HSP.

Insignia Support

Can I get another charger?

Can I get another charger?

• A new charger can be purchased from Parts. Please call support at 877-467-4289, where an agent can transfer you to PartSearch.

Insignia Support

Can I get another manual?

Can I get another manual?

• You can download another copy of the manual from the Insignia website: http://www.insignia-products.com/skins/skin_1/Topics/Documents/07-324%20NS-BTHDP%20reduced%20-%20FIN...
• An additional paper copy of the manual can be purchased from Parts. Please call support at 877-467-4289, where an agent can transfer you to PartSearch.

Insignia Support

What are these headphones compatible with?

What are these headphones compatible with?

• These headphones will work with any Bluetooth device that is Bluetooth 1.2, A2DP, AVRCP, or HSP.

Insignia Support

My headphone’s mic is not working.

My headphone’s mic is not working.

• If your headphones are connected to a computer, have you changed the Audio settings?

Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Windows 2000:

1. Click Start, then Control Panel.
2. Click Sounds and Audio Devices.
3. Click the Audio tab, then select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio from the Sound recording list. Also select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio from the Sound playback list.

Mac OS:

1. Click on the Apple icon and select System Preferences. The System Preferences menu will open.
2. Under Hardware, click Bluetooth. The Bluetooth menu will open.
3. Select NS-BTHDP from the list, then click the Cog/Gear icon.
4. Select from:
  • Use Headset

• Use Headphones