06-22-2010 01:59 PM
How do I create a channel?
• You can create as many channels as you want. Each channel can contain an unlimited number of apps, but only the first 100 will be displayed on your Infocast.
TIPS: To keep the Infocast menu easy to use, create only a few channels.
To create a channel:
1. In the Home screen or in the main menu, tap APPS, then tap CHANNELS.
2. Tap CREATE NEW.
3. Enter the channel name using the keyboard. The channel will appear in your Channels list and you can drag and drop apps, photos, and videos to the channel like any other channel.
NOTE: to configure some apps, you will have to go to your chumby account online.
06-22-2010 02:02 PM
How do I play a channel?
• Your Infocast came with a channel called the “Featured” channel, which was already set up so you can play a channel right away and see how it all works. You’ll play your own custom channels the same way. The Featured channel may contain apps such as weather conditions and forecast, stock quotes, video clips, news headlines, friend status, and webcams.
To play the Featured channel:
1. In the Home screen or in the Main menu, tap APPS, then tap CHANNELS. The Featured channel (along with any other channels you’ve defined) appears in the main content area.
2. Tap a channel to select it.
TIP: You can also tap the CHANNELS tab, then tap a channel.
3. Tap ► (play). The channel loads the apps, then plays the channel content. Each app plays for a set period of time. You can change that interval time by customizing the app’s display time in your chumby account (http://insigniaproducts.com/chumby) or by tapping the app while on the respective channel’s page, then tapping CUSTOMIZE.
4. To stop or modify the channel, press the button on the top of the Infocast. The app shuttle will be displayed on the bottom of the screen.
06-22-2010 02:04 PM
How do I add apps to a channel?
To add an app to a channel:
1. At your Infocast’s main menu, tap the APPS tab, then tap the Channels tab to expend the list of channels
2. Tap the Apps Catalog tab. All the app categories appear on the right.
3. Tap the category of apps you’d like to browse through.
a. Then tap and hold the app you’d like to add to a channel.
b. Drag the app icon to the channel in the Menu bar on the left that you’d like to add the app to, then lift your finger from the screen.
c. The app is added to the channel.
NOTE: To add multiple apps to a channel at a time, tap each app to select them, then tap and drag one of the icons to the channel. All selected apps are copied to the channel.
4. Tap the channel’s menu tab. Tap the channel in the Menu bar to view the apps you just added.
5. To re-order the apps, tap to select an icon, then drag it to the new location.
06-22-2010 02:05 PM
How do I manage my friends?
You can send apps, photos, and videos to friends who have a chumby-powered device of their own.
• Send a Friend Request- Tap to invite a friend, then enter their Infocast username or e-mail address in the on-screen keyboard.
• New Friend Requests- Tap to see the list of invitations from other Infocast users.
• My Friends- Tap to see a list of all of your friends.
06-22-2010 02:08 PM
How do I view photos?
• You can view a slideshow of photos on your Infocast, making it work like a digital picture frame.
To view photos:
1. If you want to view photos from a memory card or USB flash drive, insert it into the appropriate port on the side or back of your Infocast. When the card or USB flash drive is inserted, a dialog box will appear, asking you to select the media type you want to play.
2. Select the media type in the dialog box
Under Photos, tap:
• Internal to view photos stored in your Infocast’s internal memory.
• Network Devices to view photos stored elsewhere on your computer network.
• Photobucket to view photos stored in your Photobucket account on the Internet. If you don’t already have a Photobucket • account, go to Photobucket.com to set up an account.
• USB to view photos stored on an inserted USB flash drive.
• Memory Card to view photos stored on an inserted SD/SDHC/MMC/MS/MS PRO DUO/xD card.
• CF Card to view photos stored on an inserted CF card.
06-22-2010 02:10 PM
How do I view a slideshow of photos?
1. Tap PHOTOS on the menu bar to the left or on the Main menu. The Photos screen is displayed.
2. Tap the location of your photos (Internal, Network Devices, Photobucket, USB. Memory Card, or CF Card).
3. If the photos are in a folder, tap the folder to open it.
4. Tap the photos you want to include in the slideshow. If you want them all, tap SELECT ALL.
5. Tap ► (play) to begin the slideshow.
6. While the slideshow is playing, tap the screen to open the photo shuttle where you can zoom, rotate, pause, go to the next or previous photo, and change photo effects.
06-22-2010 02:12 PM
How do I add photos to a channel?
• You can select a few photos and drag and drop them to a channel. When that’s done, a new app is created that contains those photos. Like other apps, you can drag and drop the new photo app to change its order in the channel.
1. Tap PHOTOS. The Photos screen is displayed.
2. Tap the location of your photos (Internal, Network Devices, Photobucket, USB, Memory Card, or CF Card).
3. Tap the photos you want to copy to your channel. If you want them all, tap SELECT ALL.
4. Tap and drag the selected photos to your channel. A message tells you that “You are about to send a slideshow to a channel: [channel name]. This app will be named: Photos for your Channel.”
5. Tap SEND to continue.
6. When you go to your channel, you’ll see the new app, and the app will play in the channel just like your other apps.
06-22-2010 02:14 PM
How can I copy photos or videos to internal memory?
NOTE: When you copy photos to internal memory, they are converted to a 1600 x 1200 resolution that saves space.
1. Tap PHOTOS or VIDEO. The available photo or video sources are displayed.
2. Tap the location of your photos or videos (Network Devices, Photobucket, USB, Memory Card, or CF Card).
3. Tap the photos or videos you want to copy to Internal Memory. All available photos or videos are highlighted. You can copy multiple photos, but you can only copy one video at a time.
4. Tap and drag the selected photos or a video to the Internal tab under PHOTOS or VIDEO. You can only drag one video at a time. If you selected PHOTOS, a message appears that says “Would you like to create a new album for this copy? If not, these files will be copied to your “All’ album.”
NOTE: If you drag the photos to an existing album, the message does not appear.
5. Tap NO to copy the photos to your “All” album, or tap YES to create a new album and enter a name for that album. Your photos are now located in the Internal tab, either under the “All” album, the new album created, or the existing album you copied them to.
06-22-2010 02:15 PM
How do I listen to internet radio?
Tap MUSIC, then tap:
• Pandora Radio to listen to a new kind of radio. Free, personalized, and playing only music that you love. If you don’t already have an account with Pandora, go to Pandora.com/chumby.
• SHOUTcast to explore 30,000+ online radio stations from around the world. You’ll always find something you like on SHOUTcast Radio.
• New York Times Podcasts to listen to high-quality news and information from one of the most respected names in journalism.
• blue octy Radio to play music streamed over the Internet using chumby’s own radio service.
06-22-2010 02:18 PM
How do I listen to music on a memory card or USB flash drive?
1. If you want to listen to music stored on a memory card or a USB flash drive, insert the memory card or flash drive in the appropriate port on the side or back of your Infocast. When you insert the memory card or flash drive, a dialog box opens.
NOTE: To access a USB flash drive or memory card that is already inserted in your Infocast, tap MUSIC in the Menu bar, then select USB or Memory Card.
2. Tap MUSIC to see the music files on the storage device you just inserted.
3. Tap the song you want to play, then tap ► (play). You can select the first song you want to play, but the remaining songs will play in the order in which they appear in the list. If you want to change the order of the file list, tap one of the column headers (Track, Title, Artist, or Album) to sort from A to Z or tap again to sort Z to A. When you are satisfied with the new order, tap ► to play the new list.
NOTE: The following file types are supported: MP3, WAV, WMA, and AAC. For WMA and AAC, files encoded with DRM are not supported.
NOTE: Music files cannot be copied to internal memory or channels.