06-22-2010 02:20 PM
How do I play video?
• Your Infocast can play back compatible video files stored on a memory card or USB flash drive or video streamed from the Internet. The following file types are supported: AVI, MOV, MP4, and FLV.
1. In the Infocast Menu bar, tap VIDEO. The VIDEO icons appear in the main content area. Tap VIDEO to see the video files on the storage device you just inserted.
NOTE: If you want to view video stored on a memory card or a USB flash drive, insert the memory card or flash drive in the appropriate port on the side or back of your Infocast. When you insert memory, a dialog box opens.
• Internal to view video stored in you Infocast’s internal memory.
• Network Devices to view video stored elsewhere on your computer’s network.
• Photobucket to view video stored in your Photobucket account on the Internet. Go to Photobucket.com to set up an account.
• USB to view video stored on an attached USB flash drive.
• Memory Card to view video stored on an inserted SD/SDHC/MMC/MS/MS Pro Duo/xD card.
• CF Card to view video stored on an inserted CF card.
06-22-2010 02:21 PM
How do I add a video to a channel?
• You can add videos to a channel and play them in a slideshow. You can also drag and drop a video to a friend. To add a video to a channel:
1. Tap VIDEO. The Video screen is displayed.
2. Tap the location of your Videos (Internal, Network Devices, Photobucket, USB, Memory Card, or CF Card).
3. Tap the video you want to add to your channel. You can only add one video at a time.
4. Tap and drag the selected video to your channel. The video will be added to your channel and will play alongside whatever apps or photos you have in that channel.
06-22-2010 02:23 PM
What does the firmware do?
• Firmware updates (also referred to as software updates) may improve performance, fix bugs, and add features to your Infocast
• To find more information about firmware updates, go to the Insignia website: http://www.insigniaproducts.com/. Using the search box, enter the model number, NS-DP8CH, to go to the product page.
06-22-2010 02:24 PM
When is new firmware available?
• As long as your Infocast is activated and has an active Internet connection, you will automatically receive firmware updates. A pop-up message will appear when new firmware is available. You can choose to update at that time or you can opt-out and update at a later time.
06-22-2010 02:26 PM
Where can I find basic specifications or information on my device?
• Refer to your manual or the Insignia website http://www.insigniaproducts.com/. Using the search box, enter the model number, NS-DP8CH, to go to the product page.
06-22-2010 02:28 PM
How do I restore the default settings on my Infocast?
• There may be times when your custom settings need to be completely discarded, so you can start over from scratch using the factory settings. This is called Restore Factory Settings.
CAUTION: If you restore factory settings, all files in the internal memory will be erased.
NOTE: Restoring factory settings will not deactivate your Infocast. To deactivate it, log on to your chumby account, click My Dashboard, select your Infocast, then click delete.
To restore default settings:
1. Turn off your Infocast, then press and hold a finger to the screen for 5 seconds. The Special options menu opens.
2. Tap Restore factory settings. A message asks if you want to restore settings.
3. Tap OK to continue the process, or tap CANCEL to stop it.
4. If you tapped OK, follow the on-screen prompts until the process is complete. You’ll have to complete the initial setup again. Refer to 'How do I setup my Infocast?' for instructions on setting up the Infocast.
06-22-2010 02:29 PM
How do I clean my Infocast?
To clean your Infocast:
1. Turn off and unplug your Infocast, then wipe the exterior plastic with a damp (not dripping wet) cloth.
2. For extra thorough cleaning, wipe the exterior with a cloth dampened with soapy water, then wipe it down with a cloth dampened with clean water.
CAUTION: Make sure no water or cleaning solution drips into the case.
3. To clean the touchscreen, wipe it with a clean, non-scratching cloth dampened with water or a mild glass cleaner that contains no alcohol or ammonia.
06-22-2010 02:30 PM
My audio keeps going in and out.
• If using headphones, make sure you are correctly connected to the jack on your Infocast.
• If listening to audio with Infocast’s speakers, check to make sure audio is not muted.
• Check the volume levels.
• If you are streaming music over the Internet, a slow connection can cause your music to pause or stop playing.
06-30-2010 10:37 AM
Does Infocast support webcam or will it in the future?
06-30-2010 10:37 AM
Does Infocast have phone capabilities (can it place or receive calls)?