Insignia Support

20. There is a long delay between pressing the movie shutter button and recording beginning.

[ Edited ]

• The camcorder may still be saving the last movie. Wait until the Power Indicator LED (located around the Movie Shutter button) is solid green.
  • The batter power may be low. The battery power indicator is located in the lower right corner of the LCD screen.

Insignia Support

21. There is a long delay between pressing the picture shutter button and a picture being taken.

[ Edited ]

• The camcorder may still be saving the last picture. Wait until the Power Indicator LED (located around the Movie Shutter button) is solid green.
  • The flash may be set to Red-eye reduction.
    • The flash will strobe to let the subject’s eyes adjust to the flash, then fires again to take the actual image.
    • The shutter will be delayed because of the additional time needed for the multiple flashes.

Insignia Support

22. The camcorder is slow when trying to review videos.

[ Edited ]

• The camcorder may still be processing a movie. Wait until the Power Indicator LED (located around the Movie Shutter button) is solid green.
  • The memory card may be responsible.
    • Some memory cards are slow, especially if it is near capacity. Try removing some of the movies from the card.
      • To transfer movies from the camcorder to a computer:
        • Windows XP, Windows Vista
          • Connect the mini-USB cable to the USB port on your camcorder, then connect the other end to a USB port on your computer.
          • Open My Computer or Windows Explorer on your computer.
          • A new “Removable Disk” appears in the drive list.
          • Double-click Removable Disk to view the contents. Your movies are located in the folder named DCIM\200MOVIE.
          • Select all of the pictures. Copy and paste them to the desired location on your computer.
        • Mac OS
          • Connect the mini-USB cable to the USB port on your camcorder, then connect the other end to a USB port on your computer.
          • Double-click the new “Removable” drive that appears on the desktop to view the contents. Your movies are located in the folder named DCIM\200MOVIE.
          • Select all of the movies. Copy and paste them to the desired location on your computer.
      • To delete movies off of the memory card:
        • Press  (Record/Play) to switch to playback mode.
        • Press < or > to select MOVIE.
        • Press OK twice to open the movie option menu.
        • Press < or > to select Delete.
        • Press OK to open the delete menu.
        • Press < or > to select the movie you want to delete.
        • Press W (down) to delete the movie. If you want to delete all the movies, press T (up). A confirmation message appears.
        • Press T (up) or W (down) to select Yes. If you want to cancel the deletion, select No.
        • Press OK to confirm your selection and close the menu.

Insignia Support

23. The camcorder is slow when trying to review photos.

• The camera may still be processing a picture. Wait until the Power Indicator LED (located around the Movie Shutter button) is solid green.
  • The memory card may be responsible.
    • Some memory cards are slow, especially if it is near capacity. Try removing some of the photos from the card.
      • To transfer photos from the camera to a computer:
        • Windows XP, Windows Vista
          • Open My Computer or Windows Explorer on your computer.
          • A new “Removable Disk” appears in the drive list.
          • Double-click Removable Disk to view the contents. Your pictures are located in the folder named DCIM\100PHOTO.
          • Select all of the pictures. Copy and paste them to the desired location on your computer.
        • Mac OS
          • Double-click the new “Removable” drive that appears on the desktop to view the contents. Your pictures are located in the folder named DCIM\100PHOTO.
      • To delete pictures off of the memory card:
        • Press  (Record/Play) to switch to playback mode.
        • Press < or > to select PICTURE.
        • Press OK twice to open the picture option menu.
        • Press < or > to select Delete.
        • Press OK to open the delete menu.
        • Press < or > to select the picture you want to delete.
        • Press W (down) to delete the picture. If you want to delete all the pictures, press T (up). A confirmation message appears.
        • Press T (up) or W (down) to select Yes. If you want to cancel the deletion, select No.
        • Press OK to confirm your selection and close the menu.

Insignia Support

24. Can I get another copy of my manual?

[ Edited ]

Insignia Support

25. How do I adjust the resolution of the movies the camcorder records?

[ Edited ]

• Press  (Record/Play) to switch to record mode.
  • Press OK. The Record menu opens.
  • Press < or > to select Movie Mode. The Movie Mode menu opens.
  • Press T (up) or W (down) to select Resolution, then press OK. The Resolution menu opens.
  • Press T (up) or W (down) to select High, Std (Standard), or Low, then press OK to close the menu. To exit without changing the resolution, select Exit.

Insignia Support

26. How do I adjust the resolution of the pictures the camcorder captures?

[ Edited ]

• Press OK. The Record menu opens.
  • Press < or > to select Camera Mode. The Camera Mode menu opens.
  • Press T (up) or W (down) to select Resolution, then press OK. The Resolution menu opens.
  • Press T (up) or W (down) to select High, Std (Standard), or Low, then press OK to close the menu. To exit without changing the resolution, select Exit.

Insignia Support

27. My zoom is not working when I am recording a movie.

[ Edited ]

• Do you have motion stabilization for movies turned On?
    • If it is turned On, the motion stabilization icon  will appear in the upper right corner of the LCD.
    • Digital zoom is disabled when this feature is turned on.

Insignia Support

28. The files on my memory card are not displaying correctly on my camcorder.

[ Edited ]

• The file format may not be supported by your camcorder.
    • The movie file format supported by this camcorder is .avi.
    • The picture file format supported by this camcorder is JPEG.
  • It is recommended that you format your memory card before using it in your camcorder.
    • To format your memory card:
      • Press OK to open the record menu.
      • Press < or > to select Setting. The Setting menu opens.
      • Press T (up) or W (down) to select Format Card, then press OK. The Format Card menu opens.
      • Press T (up) or W (down) to select Yes or No, then press OK to save your selection and close the menu.

Insignia Support

29. When viewing my movies on my PC I don’t see any video, I only hear the sound.

[ Edited ]

• You need to install the FFDShow driver from the CD that came with your camcorder.
    • Insert the CD in your disc drive. The CD menu will auto-play.
    • Click Install Device Driver and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
  • Drivers are available via the Insignia website, www.insignia-products.com.