Visitor
dhammer

Re: NS-CNV20 Map Updates.

I was referred to this forum via an email from Best Buy Consumer Relations because, since purchasing my NS-CNV20 in 2009 I’ve been basically having the same problem as everyone else on this forum. Whereas the product’s page and box claim one can get up to four map updates a year; I haven’t been able to get a single successful update from Geek Squad to date. The maps on the GPS were and are from 2008. I’ve tried on six different occasions to have Geek Squad update the maps at stores in Gainesville, Orlando and Miami Florida for almost a year with no success. All Geek Squad personnel I spoke with first claimed total ignorance about an update process by them and tried to convince I was supposed to do it myself and (for the most part) very politely and professionally told me to go away... Only two stores in Miami actually tried to update the maps (it took lengthy conversations with the techs, the managers, calls to Insignia GPS back and forth and leaving the GPS at the store for two or three days in each case. On both occasions, after an allegedly lengthy download and a lot or work (according to Geek Squad) the maps still showed to be from 2008!!!

After calls to Navtec, Insignia GPS and Best Buy Consumer Relations it appears that support and the map update process for this device were never properly set up by Best Buy and that, although Navtec has issued map updates and sent them to Best Buy, "corporate" (according to more than one Geek Squad) has failed to filter these down to them.

COULD YOU THEN PLEASE SEND ME THE LINK TO THE UPDATED 2010 MAPS I HAVE BEN READING ABOUT ON THIS PAGE?

Also, on a related subject (and ironically) I was given as a gift from a well intentioned relative an NS-CNV43 as a gift!! I haven’t even dared open it since I suspect it’s a Pandora’s Box just like the NS-CNV20 has been. I can’t really return it but, before I pass if off as a re-gift to some poor unsuspecting soul; could anyone let me know if the maps and update process for this model are any better, and if maps updates are available???

Thank you!

Sweet_Jaxie

I will also need and like the update link, If anyone can help. Thanks

Visitor
abetanco

Please NS-CNV20 Map Updates.

[ Edited ]

I also have a NS-CNV20, bought octuber 2009 at Dallas Best Buy, and need to update to the 2010 maps.  Please send a link to update.   Thank you

Alfonso {edited per Community guidelines}

Visitor
dhammer

NS-CNV20 Map Updates (AKA The Ghosts...)

I received a link from support to download the NS-CNV20 map updated directly, but it does not work, al least for me.

I'm running a new Dell Studio desktop and I shut down all malware and firewalls to ensure nothing would prevent the download but, no matter what I do, I always get the following error message...

Alert!

Sorry, the requested page is unavailable.

Errors can occur for many reasons such as a missing file or website unavailability. Try these steps to locate your requested item:

• If you typed in the URL, double-check the spelling of the page and preceding folders.
  • You can use the search feature above to find available warranty information, product manuals, and quick setup guides.
  • You can also use the product drop-down navigation above to find additional product information such as remote control codes, ratings, and related accessories.
  • If you need any further help selecting a product or troubleshooting an issue, please visit our Support & Services page...

What???!!!! You just sent me the link!

This is just frustrating. Unless someone can provide me with a reliable, working link; I think it's time to switch to a brand name that knows what they are doing and does bother to issue timely and accessible map updates... No wonder there's so many of these same model devices for cheap on eBay...

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: NS-CNV20 Map Updates (AKA The Ghosts...)

Hello dhammer,

Please check your forum inbox.  I've sent you a private message addressing this issue.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Sweet_Jaxie

:smileysad: Can someone send me the map update link, please.

Visitor
Jguimond76

I'm having the same problem with Best Buy.  They can't seem to get anything right.  Can you please send me the link for the map update?  Thank you.

Visitor
twint19

John,

Could you send me the email with the NS-CNV10 map update link too, I've gotten the "I don't know" runaround at my stores here too. Thanks.

Visitor
drakeramore

John - appreciate some help for the map updates.  I have an NS-CNV10 that I've been unable to get updates for from my local stores in Denver.  Glad to have found this site - I was just about to put this on craigslist.

Visitor
victoire

Hello John,

My NS_CNV20 is working great. It's only the map is still 2008 which is certainly outdated. Could you give me the instruction on how to update the map which Geek Squad at BestBuy cannot help.

Many thanks!