7", 8", & 10.1" Wi-Fi Tablets (NS-15AT07, NS-15AT08, & NS-15AT10) FAQ (14-0449)

[ Edited ]

Question 1: How do I connect to the Internet?

[ Edited ]

Note: Your screen may look different, depending on your tablet model.

1. From the home screen, touch Icon_app.png, then Icon_Settings.png Settings.
  2. Touch Icon_Wi-Fi.png Wi-Fi.
  3. Touch Icon_Off.png to turn on Wi-Fi. Your tablet automatically scans for available networks. Settings_WiFi.png
  4. Touch a Wi-Fi network.
    • If the network is open, your tablet connects automatically.
      Settings_Wi-Fi_Connected.png
    • If the network is secured, enter a password, then touch Connect.
    A connection (Icon_Wi-Fi.png) icon appears in the status bar when your tablet is connected.

Question 2: What should I do if I cannot connect to a Wi-Fi network?

• Check the wireless signal indicator (Icon_Wi-Fi.png) in the status bar at the top of the screen. If there is no signal icon, you are not connected.
  • Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on.
  • Make sure that you select the right network and enter the correct password.
  • Check your wireless signal strength. If the wireless signal indicator has only one or two bars highlighted, your signal may not be strong enough. Move closer to your router or connect to a network with a stronger signal.
  • Make sure that your router is working correctly. Try resetting your router by disconnecting it from power for 30 seconds, then reconnect it.

Question 3: How do I connect to a Bluetooth device?

1. From the home screen, touch Icon_app.png, then Icon_Settings.png Settings.
  2. Touch Icon_Bluetooth.png Bluetooth.
  3. Touch Icon_Off.png to turn on Bluetooth.
    Settings_Bluetooth_On2.png
  4. Turn on Bluetooth on the device you want to pair to your tablet and make sure that your device is visible to other Bluetooth devices.
    Note: See the instructions that came with your Bluetooth device for more information.
  5. On your tablet, touch your model number (NS-15AT07, NS-15AT08, or NS-15AT10) to make it visible to nearby Bluetooth devices.
  6. Touch SEARCH FOR DEVICES to search for available Bluetooth devices.
  7. Touch an available device to pair with from the list. Follow the on-screen prompts. Some devices connect automatically, while others may require a PIN.

Question 4: What should I do if my Bluetooth device will not detect my tablet?

• Move your Bluetooth device closer to your tablet while pairing. The maximum range is 30 feet (10 meters). However, this distance may be reduced if the signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
  • Make sure that you have turned on Bluetooth on both your tablet and Bluetooth device.
  • In your tablet’s Bluetooth settings (Apps > Settings > Bluetooth), touch your model number (NS-15AT07, NS-15AT08, or NS-15AT10) to make your tablet visible to nearby Bluetooth devices, then search for devices on your Bluetooth device.

Question 5: Will Apple or Windows apps work on my tablet?

• No. You should purchase Android apps from the Google Play store that comes on your tablet. In most cases, you can get different versions of the same app (for example, one made for Apple and one made for Android).

Question 6: How do I download or uninstall an app?

[ Edited ]

Note: You must connect to the Internet to download apps (See Question 1). To protect your tablet and personal data, only download apps from trusted sources.

To download an app:

1. From the home screen, touch Icon_app.png, then Icon_Play Store.png Play Store.
  2. Search for an app or browse the categories to find apps, then follow the on-screen instructions to install.

To uninstall an app:

1. From the home screen, touch , then  Settings.
  2. Under DEVICE, touch Apps.
    Settings_Apps.png
  3. Find the app you want to uninstall, then touch it.
    Settings_Apps_App info.png
  4. Touch Uninstall.
    Settings_Apps_App info_Uninstall.png
  5. Touch OK to uninstall the app.
    Note: You cannot uninstall pre-installed apps.

Question 7: What should I do if an app is not working?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that you have not removed a memory card that the app was stored on.
  • Turn off the tablet, then turn it back on.
  • Uninstall the app from your tablet, then reinstall it. See Question 7 for instructions.
  • Contact the app developer for more information.

Question 8: Can I open and edit Microsoft Office files or PDFs?

• You can download third-party apps to read or edit these files.

Question 9: How do I switch between the front and back cameras?

• While the camera is open, touch and hold anywhere on the screen until the settings menu opens, then touch Icon_Camera.png or icon_reverse camera1.png.