Question 10: What is the tablet’s Bluetooth range?

• The maximum distance is 33 feet (10 meters). However, this distance may be reduced if the wireless signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.

Question 11: Are Google and Apple Apps compatible?

• Google and Apple Apps are not compatible with one another because they are designed for different platforms. In most cases, you can get different versions of the same App (one made for Apple and one made for Google).

Question 12: How do I download an App?

Note: If you want to install an app that costs money, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transaction.

1. Touch the Applications icon. The Applications menu opens.
  2. Touch the Play Store App. The Play Store App opens. 
  3. Q12-Apps_Step-2.jpg

4. Touch the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner of the screen to search for an App or browse Apps by category.
  5. Q12-Apps_Step-3.jpg

6. After you have located the App you would like to download, touch Install.
  7. Q12-Apps_Step-4.jpg

8. Touch Accept if you agree to the terms of the App. The App is in the Applications menu when it is done downloading.
  9. Q12-Apps_Step-5.jpg

Question 13: What should I do if my App is not working?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that you have not removed the memory card that the App was stored on.
  • Turn off the tablet, then turn it back on.
  • Uninstall the App from your tablet, then reinstall the App. For information on uninstalling Apps, see Question 14.
  • Contact the App developer for further information.

Question 14: How do I uninstall an App?

1. Touch the Home icon, then touch the Settings app. The Settings menu opens.
  2. Touch Apps. The App Settings menu opens.
    Uninstall-App_2.jpg
  3. Touch the App you would like to uninstall.
  4. Touch Uninstall, then touch OK. The App is uninstalled from your tablet.
    Uninstall-App_4.jpg

Question 15: Can I open Microsoft Office files or PDFs?

• You can purchase and download third party applications to read or edit these types of files.

Question 16: Will Apple media work on the Flex Tablet?

Some, not all, purchased iTunes music files can be transferred to the Insignia Flex tablet.

To find out if a song is transferable:

1. In your iTunes library, select a song.
  2. Right-click the track and select Get Info, then look in the Kind field.
    • If the description says “Purchased AAC audio file,” the audio file (with the extension .M4A) will work with your tablet.
    • If the description says “Protected AAC audio file,” the audio file (with the extension .M4P) is locked and will not work with your tablet.

Question 17: How do I use the camera?

[ Edited ]
  1. Touch the Home icon, then touch the Applications icon. The Applications menu opens.
  2. Touch the icon_camera_color.jpg Camera App. The Camera App opens.
  3. To use the camera:
    • Touch the blue icon_capture key.jpg capture button to take a picture.
    • To zoom in, touch the screen with your fingers together, then spread your fingers apart.
    • To zoom out, touch the screen with your fingers spread apart, then pinch your fingers together.
  4. To change camera settings, touch the icon_camera settings icon 1.jpg icon. You can change:
    • The white balance by touching the White-balance_icon.gif (white balance) icon.
    • The picture size, after touching the Keybord-settings_icon.gif (settings) icon.
    • The location where the picture is stored, after touching the SETTINGS_ICON.gif (settings) icon.
  5. When you finish, touch the middle dot at the bottom of the screen to return to the Home screen.

Question 18: How do I use the camcorder?

1. Touch the Home icon, then touch the Applications icon. The Applications menu opens.
  2. Touch the Camera App. The Camera App opens.
  3. Touch the icon_camera_color.jpg (camera) icon, then touch the icon_video mode.jpg (video) icon at the bottom of the screen. The tablet switches to camcorder mode.
  4. To use the camcorder:
    • Touch the red record button to start or stop recording.
    • To zoom in, touch the screen with your fingers together, then spread your fingers apart.
    • To zoom out, touch the screen with your fingers spread apart, then pinch your fingers together.
  5. To change camcorder settings, touch the icon_camera settings icon 1.jpg icon. You can adjust the white balance, time lapse interval, or store location after touching the Keybord-settings_icon.gif (settings) icon.
  6. When you finish, touch the middle dot at the bottom of the screen to return to the Home screen.

Question 19: How do I view the photos I have taken?

2. Touch the Gallery App. The Gallery App opens.
  3. Touch Camera. Thumbnails of the photos you have taken appear on the screen.
  4. Slide your finger upward or downward on the screen to view the photos.
  5. Touch the thumbnail for the photo you would like to view. The photo fills the screen.