Question 10: How do I uninstall an App?

[ Edited ]
  1. Touch the Applications icon.
  2. Touch the Settings App.
  3. Touch Apps.
    App settings1.jpg

4. Touch the App you would like to uninstall.
  5. Touch Uninstall, then touch OK.
    App settings2.jpg

Question 11: Will Apple media work on the Flex Tablet?

• Some, not all, purchased iTunes music files can be transferred to the Insignia Flex tablet.
  • The file type of your music purchased in iTunes must be specified as “Purchased AAC audio file” in order to be able to transfer it to your Flex Tablet.
  • To find out if your music is transferable:
  1. In your iTunes library, select a song.
  2. Right-click the track and select Get Info. The description in the Kind field "Purchased AAC audio file" tells you the song was purchased from iTunes, but is unlocked. This audio file (with the extension .M4A) can be transferred to your Android device. "Protected AAC audio file" means the music file (with the extension .M4P) is locked down and cannot be transferred to any non-Apple device or software for playback.

Question 12: How do I use the camera/camcorder?

2. Touch the Camera App.
  3. Touch the blue capture button to take a picture. 
    12_a-blue-capture.jpg
  4. To switch to the camcorder, touch the camcorder icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
    12_b-switch-to-camcorder.jpg
  5. Touch the red button to start and stop video capture. 
    12_c-start-and-stop.jpg
  6. To return to the previous screen, touch the gray dot in the lower left corner of the screen.

Question 13: How do I view photos I have taken?

2. Touch the Gallery App.
  3. Touch Camera. Thumbnails of the photos you have taken appear on the screen.
  4. Touch the thumbnail for the photo you would like to view. The photo fills the screen.

Question 14: How do I take pictures of other people?

• This is a front-facing camera only which is best used for video conferencing.

Question 15: How do I set up my e-mail?

NOTE: Only POP3, IMAP, and Exchange formats are supported.

2. Touch the e-mail App.
  3. When the keyboard opens, enter your e-mail address and password, then touch Next
    15_a-keyboard.jpg 
  4. You can manually enter your e-mail information such as account type, e-mail server, etc. by touching Manual. Touch Done when finished.
  5. Enter account options such as whether you want to sync from the account and sync frequency.
  6. Touch Next. Give your account an account name (optional) and enter a display name.
  7. Your account syncs and inbox opens.

Question 16: What e-mail formats are supported?

• POP3, IMAP, and Exchange formats are supported, which are the most common formats.

Question 17: How do I check for software updates?

Your tablet will receive a new firmware notification when a firmware update is available. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete an update. Wi-Fi connection is required. Follow the steps below to manually check for updates.

2. Touch the Settings App.
  3. Drag the screen up, touch About Tablet, touch System Updates. The tablet checks for updates. 
    17_a-system-updates.jpg
  4. If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions.
    17_b-update.jpg

Question 18: How do I reset my tablet to factory default?

CAUTION: Resetting the tablet deletes all data, downloaded Applications, and e-mail accounts.

1. Connect your tablet to a power outlet.
  2. Touch the Applications icon.
  3. Touch the Settings App.
  4. Touch Backup & reset.
    18_a-backup.jpg
  5. Touch Factory data reset.
    18_b-factory.jpg
  6. Touch Reset tablet
    18_c-reset.jpg
  7. Touch Erase everything.
    18_d-erase.jpg

Question 19: How do I access the user guide?

• You can access your User Guide on your tablet by touching the Applications icon, then touch the Help App. Your html User Guide launches.
  • Go to the Insignia website (www.insigniaproducts.com). Type NS-13T001 in the search box to go to the product page. Click the Support/Downloads tab to view the available documentation.