Question 1: How do I set up my monitor?

[ Edited ]
  • Have you tried using your User Guide to help you through this process? If you need additional help, follow the steps below.
  1. Install the stand base.
    • Remove the monitor from the box and lay it face down on a table with a soft cloth or towel beneath it to protect the screen.
    • Insert the base into the stand column until it clicks into place.

setup.jpg

1. Connect the power cord to the monitor, then to a properly grounded AC outlet.

1. Make sure that both the monitor and the computer are powered OFF. Connect the included VGA cable to the VGA output jack on the computer, then to the VGA input of the monitor. OR Connect a DVI cable (not included) from the DVI output jack on the computer to the DVI input jack on the monitor. OR If your PC has an HDMI output jack, you can use an HDMI to DVI cable (not included).

1. Turn ON your computer and your monitor. The monitor’s power LED turns ON. The LED is blue when the monitor is on and turns off when the monitor is off.

connections for Debug Tree.jpg

You may need to set the resolution and refresh rate (example: 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz). For steps on setting the resolution, see Question 5. For steps on setting the refresh rate, see Question 6.

Question 2: How do I connect my monitor to two computer systems?

[ Edited ]
  1. Connect the power cord to the monitor, then to a properly grounded AC outlet.
  2. Make sure that the monitor and both computers are turned OFF. Connect the included VGA cable to the VGA output jack on one of the computers, then to the VGA input jack on the monitor.
  3. Connect a DVI cable (not included) from the DVI output jack on the other computer to the DVI input jack on the monitor. OR If your PC has an HDMI output, you can use an HDMI to DVI cable (not included).
  4. Turn ON your computer and your monitor. The monitor's power LED turns ON. The LED is blue when the monitor is on and turns off when the monitor is off.
  5. You may need to set the resolution and refresh rate on both computers (example: 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz). For steps on setting the resolution, see Question 5. For steps on setting the refresh rate, see Question 6.
  6. To switch between the two computer systems, press the MENU and the OK buttons at the same time. A menu is displayed in the upper right-hand corner. Select either VGA or DVI.

Question 3: How do I connect two monitors to one computer system?

[ Edited ]
  1. Connect the power cord to both monitors, then to properly grounded AC outlets.
  2. Make sure that both monitors and the computer are turned OFF. Connect VGA cables to the VGA output jacks on the computer, then to the VGA input jack on each monitor. OR Connect DVI cables to the DVI output jacks on the computer, then to the DVI input jack on each monitor. OR Use a VGA cable connection between one monitor and the computer, and a DVI cable connection between the other monitor and the computer. Note: If your PC has an HDMI output, you can use an HDMI to DVI cable (not included).
  3. Turn ON your computer and your monitor. The monitor's power LED turns ON. The LED is blue when the monitor is on and turns off when the monitor is off.
  4. You will need to choose if you would like your screen to be an extension of the other monitor or a duplication. For steps on extending your desktop, see Question 11. For steps on setting your screen as a duplicate, see Question 12. Note: You may also need to set the resolution and refresh rate on both computers (example: 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz). For steps on setting the resolution, see Question 5. For steps on setting the refresh rate, see Question 6.

Question 4: I want to mount my monitor to the wall. How do I remove the stand base and column?

[ Edited ]
  1. Lay the monitor face down on the table with a soft cloth or towel beneath it to protect the screen.
  2. Squeeze the sides of the column cover and pull to remove it. This may take some effort to get it loose.12-0352 Debug tree_graphic.jpg
  3. Using a Philips screwdriver, remove the three screws that secure the column to the monitor. You may need to wiggle the base to ensure that the screws disengage from the screw bosses.
  4. Wiggle the column loose from the monitor.

Question 5: How do I set the resolution of my display?

[ Edited ]
  • Windows 7:
  1. Click the Start button, then select Control Panel.
  2. Under Appearance and Personalization, click Display.
  3. Click Adjust screen resolution on the left of the screen.
  4. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, then click Apply.
  5. Click Keep to use the new resolution, or click Revert to go back to the previous resolution.
  • Windows Vista:
  1. Click the Start button, then select Control Panel.
  2. Click Appearance and Personalization, then click Display Settings.
  3. Under Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, then click Apply.
  • Windows XP:
  1. Right-click on your desktop, then select Properties.
  2. Click the Settings tab at the top of the window.
  3. Under Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, then click Apply.
  • Mac:
  1. Open the Apple menu, then select System Preferences.
  2. Click Displays under Hardware, then click Display.
  3. Select the appropriate resolution from the Resolutions list.

Question 6: How do I set the refresh rate of my display?

[ Edited ]
  • Windows 7:
  1. Click the Start button, then select Control Panel.
  2. Under Appearance and Personalization, click Display.
  3. Click Adjust screen resolution on the left of the screen.
  4. Click Advanced Setting.
  5. Click the Monitor tab, then click the drop-down list under Screen refresh rate and select your desired refresh rate.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Click OK to exit out of the DisplaySettings window.
  • Windows Vista:
  1. Click the Start button and select Control Panel.
  2. Click Appearance and Personalization, then click Personalization.
  3. Click Display Settings.
  4. Click the Advanced Setting button.
  5. Click the Monitor tab, then click the drop-down list under Screen refresh rate and select your desired refresh rate.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Click OK to close the Display Settings window.
  • Windows XP:
  1. Right-click on your desktop, then select Properties.
  2. Click the Settings tab at the top of the window.
  3. Click the Advanced button.
  4. Click the Monitor tab, then click the drop-down list under Screen refresh rate and select your desired refresh rate.
  5. Click OK.
  6. Click OK to close the Display Settings window.
  • Mac:
  1. Open the Apple menu, then select System Preferences.
  2. Click Displays under Hardware, then click Display.
  3. Click the drop-down list beside Refresh Rate, then select your desired refresh rate.
  • For more information, refer to the User Manual that came with your computer or your graphics card.

Question 7: I have an image issue (e.g., stripe on the screen, blue lines/dots, red line, etc.).

[ Edited ]
  • If any colors (red, green, or blue) are missing, check the VGA or DVI cable to make sure that it is securely connected.
    • Loose or broken pins in the cable connector could cause an improper connection.
  • Make sure that the cables you are using are not broken or damaged.
  • Adjust the colors on your monitor by using the buttons located at the bottom right corner of your monitor.
  1. Press the Menu button. The Main Menu opens.
  2. Press ▲ or ▼ until Color Adjust is highlighted, then press OK.
  3. Press ▲ or ▼ to select Cool, Normal, Warm, or User Color, then press OK. Note: If you selected, User Color, press ▲ or ▼ to adjust the color.
  4. Press Menu to exit the menu.
  • Try connecting the monitor to another computer.

Question 8: My picture is not filling the screen. I have black bars around my picture.

[ Edited ]
  • This is due to the aspect ratio. Different sources and software programs may be presented in different aspect ratios.
  • To change the appearance of the screen, use the buttons on the lower right corner of the monitor.
  2. Press ▲ or ▼ until Manual Image Adjust is highlighted, then press OK.
  3. Press ▲ or ▼ until Video Mode Adjust is highlighted, then press OK.
  4. Press ▲ or ▼ to highlight Full Screen, Over Screen, or Aspect Ratio, then press OK.
  5. Press Menu to exit the menu.

Question 9: The picture is too light or too dark.

[ Edited ]
  • To change the brightness of the screen, use the buttons on the lower right corner of the monitor.
  2. Press ▲ or ▼ until Contrast/Brightness is highlighted, then press OK.
  3. Press ▲ or ▼ until Brightness is highlighted, then press OK.
  4. Press ▲ or ▼ to adjust the brightness.
  5. Press Menu to exit the menu.