Question 1: Where can I find the drivers for this card reader?

[ Edited ]

See Question 2 if your computer has problems installing the drivers.

• The card reader is a plug-and-play device that uses drivers already on your computer. Your computer automatically installs needed drivers when you connect your card reader.

Question 2: What should I do if I receive an error message when the drivers are installing?

• Make sure that your card reader is securely connected to your computer. Unplug and reconnect the USB cable.
  • Make sure that you only have one card reader connected to your computer. Unplug other card readers before connecting your card reader for the first time.
  • Make sure that you do not disconnect the card reader while the drivers are installing.

Question 3: What should I do if my computer does not recognize my memory card?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the USB cable is connected correctly and securely to your card reader and computer.
  • Make sure that you only insert one memory card into the card reader at a time.
  • Try connecting the card reader to a different USB port.
  • Make sure that your memory card is fully inserted into the slot on the card reader.
  • Try a different memory card of the same type in the same slot. If a different memory card works, the original memory card may need to be reformatted or replaced. See Question 10 for information about reformatting your memory card.
  • Unplug your card reader from the USB port, then restart your computer. Reconnect your card reader to your computer.
  • Unplug the USB cable from your card reader and shine a flashlight into the empty card slots. Look to see if any pin inside is bent, then straighten bent pins with the tip of a mechanical pencil. Replace your memory card reader if a pin has bent so much that it touches another pin.
  • If you are using a Mac, make sure that the Finder Preferences are set to show external disks on the desktop. This setting is found under Finder > Finder Preferences > Devices.

Question 4: How do I use my card reader?

card-reader.gif

Windows 10 or 8:

1. Plug the small end of the included USB cable into the card reader and the other end into an available USB port on your computer. Your computer automatically installs the correct drivers.
  2. Insert a card into the appropriate slot facing the correct direction. The LED lights.
    Note: Cards in the M2, microSD, and MS slots must be label-side up. Cards in the CF and SD slots must be label-side down. Do not insert multiple cards at the same time.
  3. Open This PC, then double-click your memory card.
  4. Use normal Windows procedures to open, copy, paste, or delete files and folders.

Windows Vista or 7:

1. Plug the small end of the included USB cable into the card reader and the other end into an available USB port on your computer. Your computer automatically installs the correct drivers.
  2. Insert a card into the appropriate slot facing the correct direction. The LED lights.
    Note: Cards in the M2, microSD, and MS slots must be label-side up. Cards in the CF and SD slots must be label-side down. Do not insert multiple cards at the same time.
  3. Click Start, then click My Computer or Computer.
  4. Double-click the appropriate drive to access the data on the memory card.
  5. Use normal Windows procedures to open, copy, paste, or delete files and folders.

Mac:

1. Plug the small end of the included USB cable into the card reader and the other end into an available USB port on your computer.
  3. Open the Finder window, then click your card’s name in the left menu to view its contents.
  4. Use normal Mac procedures to open, copy, paste, or delete files and folders.

Android:

1. Connect the included USB cable from the card reader to your tablet. The correct drivers are automatically installed.
  3. Open your tablet’s File Manager/File Explorer/Explorer, then select your memory card.
  4. Use normal Android procedures to open, copy, paste, or delete files and folders.

Question 5: How do I transfer files from my memory card to my computer?

1. Highlight the files you want to copy.
  2. Right-click the highlighted file and select Copy from the menu.
  3. Open the folder where you want to save your files.
  4. Right-click inside the folder, then select Paste (Windows) or Paste item (Mac) from the menu.

Question 6: How do I transfer files from one memory card to another?

[ Edited ]

Note: Do not insert more than one memory card into the card reader at a time. To copy files between cards, you must transfer the files to a computer first.

1. Connect your card reader to a computer, then insert a memory card.
  2. Transfer the files to the computer. See Question 5 for instructions.
    Note: See Question 4 for information on accessing your memory card’s folders.
  3. Remove the memory card from the card reader, then insert the second memory card.
  4. Copy the files from your computer to the memory card.

Question 7: How do I safely remove my memory card?

Windows:

1. Make sure that the LED on your card reader is lit solid or off. If it is blinking, do not remove the memory card.
  2. Right-click the memory card drive in My Computer/Computer/This PC, then click Eject. The LED turns off.
  3. Remove the memory card.

Mac:

1. Make sure that the LED on your card reader is lit solid or off. If it is blinking, do not remove the memory card.
  2. In the Finder window, click eject.png (eject) to the right of your card’s name. The LED turns off.

Question 8: What does the LED indicate?

• Off: Your card reader is not being used.
  • On: A card is inserted in one of the slots.
  • Flashing: Data is being transferred. Do not remove the memory card.

Question 9: What should I do if I cannot access or save to my memory card?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the USB cable is connected correctly and securely to your card reader and computer.
  • Make sure that your memory card is fully inserted into the slot on the card reader.
  • Make sure that you only insert one memory card at a time into the card reader.
  • Some memory cards have a security switch that may be set to ON/OFF or Locked/Unlocked. Make sure that the security switch is set to Write Enabled/ON/Unlocked.
  • Make sure that your memory card still has available storage space.
  • Make sure that your computer’s software is up to date.
  • Check the end of the memory card for dirt or material. Clean the contacts with a lint-free cloth and small amounts of rubbing alcohol.
  • Try a different memory card of the same type in the same slot. If a different memory card works, the original memory card may need to be reformatted or replaced. See Question 10 for reformatting instructions.
  • Check with the memory card’s manufacturer to see if the card is compatible with your operating system.
  • Your card may not be in the correct format. See Question 10 for reformatting instructions.
  • If errors continue, replace the memory card.