Question 1: Is my computer compatible with the card reader?

Minimum system requirements:

• Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP, or Mac OS 10.4 or higher
  • Pentium 233MHz or higher processor
  • 1.5 GB of hard drive space

Notes:

• Some memory cards, such as the SDXC, are not compatible with Windows XP. See the information that came with your card to determine if your card is compatible with your operating system.
  • Many tablets, such as the iPad, will not work with external card readers. However, some Android and Windows tablets with USB ports will support this card reader. See the documentation that came with your tablet for more information.

Question 2: What card types are compatible with my card reader?

[ Edited ]

Note: Check your computer’s operating system to make sure that it is compatible with your memory card. See Question 1.

• You can use SD, SDHC, SDXC, microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC, MMC, MMCplus, MemoryStick, MS PRO, MS-Duo, MS PRO Duo, MS PRO-HG Duo, MemoryStick Micro (M2), CompactFlash types I and II cards.
  • Use an adapter (not included) to connect MMC plus or miniSD cards.

Question 3: Do I need drivers for my card reader?

• The card reader is a plug-and-play device that uses drivers already on your computer. Your computer automatically installs needed drivers when you connect your card reader.

Question 4: How do I set up my card reader?

[ Edited ]

Note: For instructions on how to access your files, see Question 6.

• Plug one end of the USB cable into the card reader, then plug the other end into an available USB port on your computer. Your computer loads the drivers automatically.

Question 5: What direction should I insert my memory card?

• Cards in the M2, microSD, and MS slots should be label-side up. Cards in the SD/MMC and CF slots should be label-side down.
    NS-DCR30A2_01_LAYERED copy.jpg
    NS-DCR30A2_02_LAYERED copy.jpg

Question 6: How do I access files on my memory card?

[ Edited ]

Windows 8:

1. Gently insert a card into the appropriate slot. Cards in the M2, microSD, and MS slots should be label-side up. Cards in the SD/MMC and CF slots should be label-side down. See Question 5 for more information.
  2. Open Desktop.
  3. Right-click the in the lower-left corner of the screen, then select File Explorer from the menu.
  4. In the menu on the left, select your memory card’s name under This PC.
  5. Use normal Windows procedures for opening, copying, pasting, or deleting files and folders.

Windows 7, Vista, or XP:

1. Gently insert a card into the appropriate slot. Cards in the M2, microSD, and MS slots should be label-side up. Cards in the SD/MMC and CF slots should be label-side down. See Question 5 for more information.
  2. Click Start, then click My Computer or Computer. Double-click the appropriate drive to access the data on the memory card.
  3. Use normal Windows procedures for opening, copying, pasting, or deleting files and folders.

Mac:

2. Open Finder, then click your memory card’s name from the menu on the left.
  3. Use normal Mac procedures for opening, copying, pasting, or deleting files and folders.

Question 7: How do I transfer a file from one memory card to another?

[ Edited ]
  • To transfer a file between memory cards, you must copy it from your memory card to a computer, then save it from your computer to the second memory card. See Question 6 for instructions about accessing your memory card’s files.

Question 8: Can I insert more than one memory card at a time?

• Your card reader supports multiple cards at the same time, such as CF+MS+SD+microSD or CF+MS+SD+M2. It does not support microSD and M2 cards at the same time.

Question 9: What should I do if the transfer speed is slow?

[ Edited ]

Note: If the LED lights green, your data transfers over USB 2.0. If the LED lights blue, your data transfers over USB 3.0.

• Make sure that your card reader is connected to a USB 3.0 port on your computer.
  • Your memory card may cause lower speeds. Upgrade to a faster class of card (for example, Class 10) to improve the transfer speed.