Question 10: What should I do if Cortana is not working?

• Make sure that your tablet is connected to Wi-Fi.
  • Move to an area that does not have loud background noise.
  • Type your command into the search bar.
  • If Cortana doesn’t understand your commands, you can train Cortana to your voice:
    1. Open the search bar, then tap Icon_Cortana_Notebook.pngNotebook.
    2. Under Respond best:, tap Learn my voice.
    3. Find a quiet place, then tap Start. Cortana prompts you to read six phrases that will help it learn your voice.
  • Make sure that Cortana is enabled. To set up Cortana, open the search bar, tap Icon_Cortana_2.gif(Cortana), then follow the on-screen instructions.
    Note: If you do not see Icon_Cortana_2.gif(Cortana) in the lower-left corner of your screen while the search bar is open, Cortana is already enabled.
  • If Cortana does not work when you say “Hey Cortana,” make sure that this option is enabled. To set up Cortana to respond automatically:
    1. Open the search bar, tap Icon_Cortana_Notebook.png(Notebook), then tap  Icon_Cortana_Settings.png(Settings).
    2. Under Hey Cortana, tap the bar to turn on Let Cortana respond to “Hey Cortana.”
  • Cortana is not available in all countries or languages. Currently, it will work in China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. Cortana is available in Chinese (Simplified), English (U.S. and U.K.), French, Italian, German, and Spanish.

Question 11: What should I do if there is no sound coming from my tablet?

• The volume may be muted or set too low. Press the volume + button to increase the volume.
  • If listening through headphones, unplug and reconnect your headphones. Make sure that the connector is pushed in all the way.
  • If listening through your tablet’s speakers, unplug any devices connected to the headphone jack.
  • Make sure that your tablet is not paired to a Bluetooth speaker.

Question 12: How do I backup my files?

Note: You should also review your files and back up manually to make sure that nothing is missed.

1. Open Icon_All-apps.PNGAll apps >  Icon_Windows-System.PNGWindows System >  Icon_Control-panel.PNGControl Panel.
  2. If in category view, tap System and Security, then tap File History.
    OR
    If in icon view, tap File History.
  3. Tap Turn on, then tap Run now.
    Note: You must have a drive connected to your tablet to turn on and run a backup.

Question 13: What should I do if the display freezes or does not respond?

• Press and hold the Icon_power.gifbutton for 10 seconds to turn off your tablet, then turn it back on.

Question 14: What should I do if I cannot turn on my tablet?

• Make sure that the battery is fully charged. If the battery is too low, your tablet will not turn on. Connect your tablet to the power adapter and fully charge the battery.

Question 15: Will Apple or Android apps work on my tablet?

No. You should purchase apps from the Windows Icon_Store.pngStore app that comes on your tablet. In many cases, you can get different versions of the same app.

Question 16: How do I download or delete an app?

To download an app:

1. Open Icon_All-apps.PNGAll apps >  Icon_Store.pngStore.
  2. Find the app you want to download by searching or browsing the available categories.
  3. Tap Free, Install, or the app price (such as $1.99) to download the app.
    Store_Download-app.png
  4. Follow the on-screen prompts or instructions, if needed. You can open your new app from the All apps

To delete an app:

1. Open Icon_All-apps.PNGAll apps.
  2. Touch and hold the app that you want to remove.
    Uninstall-app.gif
  3. Tap Uninstall, then tap Uninstall again to confirm.

Question 17: Can I install Microsoft Office on my tablet?

• To get started with your Microsoft Office subscription, open Icon_All-apps.PNGAll apps >  Icon_Get-Office.gifGet Office.

Question 18: What should I do if an app isn’t working?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that you have not removed a memory card that the app was stored on.
  • Turn off the tablet, then turn it back on.
  • Uninstall the app from your tablet, then reinstall it. See Question 16 for instructions.
  • Contact the app developer for more information.

Question 19: Can I connect a Bluetooth mouse and/or keyboard to my tablet?

• Your tablet supports multi-pairing and can connect to both a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.