Re: 8" Flex updating: "Check Failed! Please check your network!"

JeremyS-INSG, is there anything in Google store to help the 6.0.1 to run faster and better? My tablet also has the "no connection" when I go to system update. Thank you

Contributor

Noticed under App their is two App's named update, one is the one that gets  "Check Failed! Please check your network!"

com.bestbuy.update.UpdateService Update app on my insignia tablet 10.1

I think that the 8" uses the same app, Bestbuy don't tell their buyers that they are disabling the upgrade android feature on their tablets, this app that forces ontop of the default android upgrade app, in its file name you can clearly see the bestbuy name under its full file name "com.bestbuy.update.UpdateService" is the full filename for Update App that runs when you go to about tablet and System Update , it then runs best buys software which you get the message back reading 

Please press button to check update online

Perform periodic check for OTA update?

Checking, please wait

"Check Failed! Please check your network!"

"Confirm Button"

it has an icon on the top that is an blue circle with an up arrow in the center, this is the best buy Update App, that you can't remove from this tablet and is why we can't upgrade from android 6.0.1 to 7.1 android or new 8.1 android 

my model number is NS-P10A7100 amd has kernel version 3.14.0 , Again Update App or Update.apk shows two under Apps on system app on this tablet one is the default android one, and the blue icon one that gets this error is installed by Best buy I guess since it has the name Bestbuy in the app that fails to let us upgrade these tablets. I hope this information helps users get this problem fix, again I want to be able to upgrade my os android system to the newest stable 7.1 version, I don't care to root this tablet if its not needed, again all I want to do is upgrade it from 6.0.1 to 7.1  android. and maybe also get the android secuity patch level to this year, not stuck on the year 2016 forever etc... again I hope the info helps that the insignia Update app reads that its created by best buy since it seems to have it in the name of the file again "com.bestbuy.update.UpdateService" System Update under About tablet runs this file name default on these tablets it seems.

and Android Secuirty Patch level May 1, 2016 which also is not upgrable yet.

Insignia Product Engineer

Hello Teresa, My name is Roger. There is nothing on the store to make the tablet perform faster. If the tablet was faster when you first got it you can try doing a factory reset. Please back up your files to an Micro-SD card before doing so as this will erase the internal memory. I hope this helps!

Hello Rob,

My name is Roger.  Insignia is not disabling the Android update function.  Android checks the server for JSON file and if it does not find one it gives you this message.  That is unfortunate because there is really nothing wrong with your network.  Some months ago our IT migrated the environment to new servers and unfortunately the JSONs were deleted causing this issue.  We are working on correcting that.  In the mean time I assure you we have not published any updates to your tablet.  You have the latest build.

Contributor

Hi Roger, do you know why I can't play super mario run game it  keeps crashing on me on my insignia tablet 10.1 model 

about the app problem I noticed you can install super mario run on these tablets but it crashes first time with the send crash android messsage. I wanted to report this since I think its having some problem with this android hardware maybe.

I run the super mario run app, the second time I try to run super mario run game it goes to the nintendo logo and then stops working on a red screen the app just stays open the second time but fails to load on this tablet model NS-P10A7100. link below again this game fails to play right on these tablets, was hoping an upgrade to android 7.1 would fix the problem with super mario run, but I don't have any real idea why this game is crashing on these tablets, it says its compatable with our hardware but seems to crash when you click the super mario run icon once its installed, from google play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zara

1. https://supermariorun.com
Contributor

the reason from the post above why I want to run super mario run game, was to link it to my nintendo switch/nintendo 3ds  account , since we can use the points on either the nintendo 3ds game free stuff from their website, also it reads their going to be adding nitendo switch items in the future, and thats why I wanted to be able to play the super mario run game, the other apps they released for it seem to run just fine, its only the super mario run app game thats crashing on me, I was able to link the other nintendo android apps are working just fine, only this one title is crashing on my hardware.

1. Super Mario Run - Android Apps on Google Play
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zara

Hello Rob,

The NS-P10A7100 is GMS certified and should be able to run any Android application that is compatible.  I suggest you report the issue to the application's author

Contributor

Hi roger, it reads on the page, and I already sent the bug report feedback message to android about it a few times, still waiting on an new version or an patch, again  , below is their email address, since its an problem with the hardware I think insignia should also report this problem to them about their hardware model NS-P10A7100 crashing their game.

since its crashing on your hardware that being sold at best buy, where they also have in stock the nintendo switch hardware, which is where I got my gaming system from. Again I also filled out my review on the Super mario run app about it crashing on that game rating page on android store website. again the auther is Nintendo Co., Ltd. I think.

Contributor

I did sent an email to the apps auther, not sure if thats going to help get the game fix or not. with the email address I posted here for it from the games page on android.

Contributor