Regular Contributor

Battery Failing

Well, it looks like my NS-P08W7100 has contracted the dreaded weak/worn battery disease. 😢

Now, the unit shuts if I am actively doing something and the battery meter approaches 55% available power. When idle, the battery can go downwards towards 20%, but, once you press anything, the tablet shuts down. Keep the tablet tethered to the charger, and, it goes on & on without skipping a beat. Turning on Battery Saver as well as disabling Bluetooth & Location services doesn't seem to have much of an impact.

I still plan on holding onto the unit untill it ceases to work. Sadly, the Intel battery didn't hold up very well, thus, reducing the amount of time that the tablet can operate without needing to be tethered to a power source.

I Love "FEATURE 00"
Insignia Support

Re: Battery Failing

Hi dexman,

Noticing that your tablet’s battery isn’t holding a charge as expected is very frustrating. I appreciate the time you’ve taken out of your day to share with us. I’d be happy to see if we’d be able to assist you.

If you had purchased your tablet within the last year Best Buy’s Geek Squad would be happy to take a look into under your warranty with us. You can schedule an appointment here to get that assistance here. Please note if you are eligible for any repairs, or assistance under our warranty you’d need to provide a copy of your purchase receipt.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Regular Contributor

Hi Mariah,

At this stage, the tablet is, likely, out of warranty. The device was clearly not ment to be repaired as are most tablets and convertible & newer laptops.

I don't know which company Insignia/Best Buy and other brands go to to purchase these devices from. Still, it looks like the battery is one of the places where corners were cut to keep costs under control.

It would not surprise me if the current stable of Insignia tablets feature either the same or similar Intel branded batteries. The battery manufacturer is identified in the results when a battery report is run.
I Love "FEATURE 00"
Insignia Support

Hello dexman,

Under your warranty if you had purchased the tablet within the last a year a variety of options may be available even if a hardware related repair isn’t an option. Let us know if you have any other questions! We’re always happy to see how we might be able to help.

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I checked, and, the unit is outside of warranty. Yesterday,the tablet shut down in me with a 75% available charge. It would not restart without plugging in the charger. Oh well, for very short duration sessions, things are fine. Beyond that....tethering to an AC outlet will be required from here on out.

I Love "FEATURE 00"