Highlighted
Visitor

Brand new insignia tablet wifi connection issues

I just recently got an insignia tablet, windows ten, maybe a month ago. I am very disappointed in the quality, as for the tablet was working fine until yesterday when it wouldn't connect to any wifi networks. It didn't show that any were available, but at my house it will work. That is, if I'm in the room with the router. Even then it says it has a poor connection. I am very disappointed and disgusted and would like help before mindlessly returning it. 

And yes, I have tried:

Resetting the whole device. 

Resetting chrome.

Deleting and reconnecting to networks.

Shut the tablet on and off. 

And yet, it still will not work correctly!

Re: Brand new insignia tablet wifi connection issues

It seems like all the recent Insignia Windows tablets are having a similar problem.

If you go back to basics and reset the device, this is what worked for me...

Open the Control Panel, go to Device Manager, and look for your wireless driver, which should be under "Network Adapters" and be called Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
Double click.
Look for the "Driver" tab and it should say the following:
Driver Provider: Intel
Driver Date: 3/28/2017 (or more recent)
Driver Version: 19.51.0.4 (or more recent)
If the driver date is older and the version lower, hit "update driver" and choose "Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software." This should update your driver to version 19.51.0.4. This version WILL work in Windows 10 Creator Edition.

Not 100% sure it will fix your problem.  But it's worth a shot.  If you're like me, this is a secondary device and resetting it again won't make important pictures and documents and the like disappear.