Forgot password on NS-p11w7100

I purchased NS-p11w7100 a while ago but I can not remember its password now. Is there a way to do a hard reset on my tablet and restore the factory condition? Thanks.

Re: Forgot password on NS-p11w7100

If you just got it...and don't really have anything of value on it....

-Turn your tablet completely off

-Hold the [VOLUME -] button + the [POWER] buttons together until the "INSIGNIA" logo comes up and quickly remove your finger from the [POWER] button, but continue pressing [VOLUME -]. When the screen turns completely black, release the [VOLUME -] button.

-You should now see your "Recovery Mode" screen.

***IF YOU HAVE STUFF ON IT YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE READ HERE:

(IF NOT, continue to next steps)

**If you want to make a backup, now is the time to do it - Click the [VOLUME -] or [VOLUME +] to switch to different options and [POWER] to select an option. - Scroll down to "Backup/Recovery" and make a backup img. It shouldn't take very long.

If you need to recover this backup....follow the same options, the backup.img should be whatever the date is.img or .zip.

***IF YOUR RECOVERY DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO BACKUP/RESTORE:

Then you'll want to make a backup through adb commands. You can download SDK and google how to do this, as it may be different for your particular model #.

-Now you'll want to wipe your system. To do this, enter recovery mode again as explained from before.

-Scroll down to "Wipe data/factory reset" to highlight it and click the [POWER] button to select this option.

- Scroll to "YES" and press the [POWER] button.

-Recovery will guide you through the rest, but it's going to just reset your tablet and set it up like it was brand new again.

(You'll have to re-enter your GMAIL account info, WIFI pswd, etc...)

Hope this helps!

Thanks @BukkakeTsunami! This works perfectly and is the only way to hard reset without pluging in. I can only either use USB mouse or pluging in, not both at them same time. Windows 10 wouldn't let me reset the tablet unless it was connected to a power source. 

Visitor

I tried but it did not work. I saw my recovery screen but none of the options worked. It always came back to ask for the password.

Visitor

@Bukkake Tsunami

"

-Now you'll want to wipe your system. To do this, enter recovery mode again as explained from before.

-Scroll down to "Wipe data/factory reset" to highlight it and click the [POWER] button to select this option.

- Scroll to "YES" and press the [POWER] button.

-Recovery will guide you through the rest, but it's going to just reset your tablet and set it up like it was brand new again.

(You'll have to re-enter your GMAIL account info, WIFI pswd, etc...)"

I believe the above method is for Android tablets NOT for Windows tablets!

It worked with my Windows tablets