Hard/Factory Reset of Insignia Tablet

I recently grabbed this from another post and followed the direcetions and it worked.  ALMOST.   I am still having an issue.  Look at the post I followed and then go down to the bottom to see the issue I'm having.

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

There is a way of resetting the tablet if the password is forgotten, but all of the data will be erased. I want to stress that all of the user data will be erased and not recoverable. If you have vital information on the tablet I would recommend trying to remember the password before fully resetting to factory settings.

If you would like to go ahead with the factory reset, follow these steps:

-Ensure the tablet is connected to the charger and has at least 45% battery left. If the battery dies during this process the device could be damaged.

-Power off the tablet fully.
-Press and HOLD the Volume + button. 
-While still holding the Volume + button, press the Power button until the screen illuminates and shows Insignia.  Then release the power button only.
-Continue holding Volume+ until one of two screens appear.
        A) -A screen appears with only an Android mascot in the background. If this happens simply let go of volume + and press it one time.  You should then see the screen shown in item 'B'

B) - A list of options in the top left of the tablet screen.

-Use Volume - to select "wipe data / Factory reset" and press the power button to select it.

-Use Volume - to select "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the power button to select it.

-Following the reset, the device should boot up and go through the initial setup process again as when it just came out of the box.

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support

Here's the issue.  We had to let go of an employee that this belonged to and it is set with his personal gmail account.  After a factory reset it still wants his info to get into a company tablet.   Is there a way to bypass this at all?  If not then I suppose we look at it as though it's a lost cause and purchase another one.

Thanks,

Brian