Visitor

How do I ROOT my INSIGNIA NS-P10A7100 10.1 Tablet

[ Edited ]

HI: I have tried to ROOT my NS-P10A7100 Tablet.  I just bought this Tablet last month.  I have 2 problems with it 1. I can't Seamto download anything over WI-FI. I am connected to My WI-FI Router in settings It says that my connection is good and my speed is 52 Mpbs and Freq is 2.4 GHz.  But when I go to connect to the Playstore it says no INTERNET Connection Mak sure WI-FI is turned. It used to work but now it doesn't why??

2.  I need to ROOT my Tablet Because I usse some Trouble Shooting APPS in my Computer Consulting Business.  I tried all of the ROOTING APPS in the Play Store and other ROOTING APPS that were on YOUTUBE but none of them worked Does any one have any Ideas.

Dan {removed per forum guidelines}

Visitor

Re: How do I ROOT my INSIGNIA NS-P10A7100 10.1 Tablet

[ Edited ]

HI: I fixed the conection to the Internet Problem by going to WIFI in Settings and disconnecting from my Xfinity WI-FI connection.  Then I reconnected by installing the Xfinity router Password.  That restablished my coonection to the Play Store and other APPS that needed WI-FI conection.

But why is ther no answer from Insignia About my need to ROOT my Insignia NS-P10A7100 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS? Or from other Knowlegeable people on this forum. 

Visitor

Re: How do I ROOT my INSIGNIA NS-P10A7100 10.1 Tablet just bumping to top

[ Edited ]

HI; I wonder why Insignian hasn't answered my question on how to ROOT my Insignia 10.1 NS-P10A7100 tablet? Are they afraid that I might have to much power at thre ROOT of the tablet or remove some of there bloatware that uses up space in memory or gain access to moving apps to the external SD-CARD.  I wish sombody would answer me and tell me how to ROOT this tablet as I need to have access to some of my companys propiatery apps.  It is preventing me from doing my job.

Thanks for listning to my frustration.

DANVIDMAN

I think you need to enable developer mode first. To do that go to "Settings->About Tablet" and tap on "Build Number" a few times until it says developer mode has been enabled. At a minimum, I'd say you then you need to enable "OEM unlocking" in the new "Settings->Developer Options" menu.

Contributor

It's way more complicated than you could do, best forget about it.

I have the 8 inch version of this tablet, you need to build a custom recovery, unpack boot.img change kernel permission to permissive repack and flash.

That's after you go through the process of unlocking the bootloader.

Visitor

HI: INSIGNIA REPS Why are you ignoring me and other Insignia customers that have posted here on this forum!! I have read all of the Request for how to ROOT our tablets.  We get no answers!!! I have tried the Suggestions on other forums One was how to change ADB settings and using KINGO ROOT PC ROOT App.  It didn't work still says ROOT failed.  So you Insgnia REPS why can't we get some help from you. 

DANVIMAN

Contributor

My tablet is rooted, no rep can root your tablet only you can, you need to request source code, use it to build custom recovery and permissive kernel, unlock bootloader flash permissive kernel, boot custom recovery then flash supersu.

Visitor

HI: Vampire You are like a lot of other Devloper PRIMA-DONAS you spout off instructions that are meaningless you leave something important out and leave the rest of us hanging.  I'm 75 years old and have a hard time understanding what to you young people is secong nature.  If you realy want to help us give us a more detailed instructions like each step in a detailed way like Step 1;, Step 2: ETC. that would realy help us you won't realy be doing all the work.  But we would do the work and have success and not frustrted.  

DANVIDMAN

Visitor

HI: @ Vampire I see that you do no thave anything to say when you are presented with the truth yuo an nothing but a BLOWHARD.  You say a lot but don't do anything to help out us who don't have the Knowledge you say you have. You post to all the sights and create havic and discord by spreading lies about your knowledge.  But don't prove any thing or give any constructive advice.  I will not post anything else to you or read anything you post to any forums.

Danvidman

Highlighted

Sadly, neither Insignia nor Geek Squad knows JACK about this tablet.  I'll be making my 2nd return (in as many weeks), trying to find one that works reliably.  The problem is, Best Buy is 90 miles away and, apparently, they can't seem to be able to ship one to me.