Visitor

How to transfer workable Word documents from my PC to my tablet

Hi there,

I have the NS-15T8LTE Android tablet. I'm trying to transfer existing Word documents from my PC to my tablet so that I can continue working with them on my tablet. I've installed the Word app on my tablet.

When I use a USB to connect my PC and tablet and try to transfer documents that way, I get a pop-up warning me that the documents can only be transferred for storage purposes; I won't be able to edit or view them. I tried changing the format of one of the documents from a .docx document to a .doc document, and that didn't help.

I also tried e-mailing myself one of the documents to open it up on the tablet, but that didn't work, either.

So how can I transfer documents that I can actually work with to my tablet? Is it possible to do in Word? Or is there another word processor that might work better?

Thanks!

Visitor

Re: How to transfer workable Word documents from my PC to my tablet

I should also add that I've emailed Insignia about this, and I think they misunderstood the question, because they gave me a bunch of answers about how to unecrypt documents, unpassword-protect documents, etc. To be clear, that is not the problem. None of these documents are encrypted or password-protected.

Visitor

Re: How to transfer workable Word documents from my PC to my tablet

Have you considered using DropBox or one of the cloud storage systems? Drop Box is a software application which has some storage space for free. You could possibly move the documents to the Drop Box account and then access the documents from your tablet. Just a thought. Good luck.  lamar70