Re: I need drivers for my Win10 NS-P11W7100

No, John, you CAN'T find the drivers on Insignia Support. You can find the WI-FI drivers and NOTHING ELSE. Provide ALL of the drivers! How am I supposed to use my tablet without the touchscreen?!?!?!??!
Visitor

I updated all the Intel drivers for the NS-P11w7100 by using the 

Intel® Driver & Support Assistantt

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

It scans your system, identifies Intel products, needed updates arthen listed. A straight forward point and click routine to download the assistant and install it, then run it and download and install the new drivers. It updated my tablet to latest October 2017 releases.

Since it was the only option to get newer drivers, whats to loose. It did a restore point as well if trouble arises.

Now I dont get the display driver crash anymore causing win 10 to default to the ms basic display driver, which screws up my display scaling.

Worked perfectly. Remembered hearing in a post somewhere that the manufacturer said to seek support from Intel for some of the drivers, which in this system is all the critical ones from processor to camera.

Good luck

remi

The Intel assistant does not install several of the drivers including the HID driver required for the touchscreen, the camera drivers, the Bosch sensor cluster drivers, etc. Regardless, I've returned the product since it's garbage without proper manufacturer support.
Highlighted
Visitor

nctritech wrote:
The Intel assistant does not install several of the drivers including the HID driver required for the touchscreen, the camera drivers, the Bosch sensor cluster drivers, etc. Regardless, I've returned the product since it's garbage without proper manufacturer support.

Hi,

Whatever, cant blame you, my main issue is only 2GB of ram. Constantly get warnings when I have 1/2 dozen tabs open.

Intel does provide, in the assistant the drivers for the AVCamera, and quite a few important ones as well such as the display, processor, wifi apdater, etc. The sound card and GPS I think can be updated from Nuvoton, but there are none yet, so use the drivers file listed in this thread... One can look at this report it generates to see full list.

remi

GRAPHICS INFORMATION

Graphics Product [1]Intel(R) HD Graphics
Graphics Driver Version20.19.15.4352
3D AccelerationYes
Hardware Transform & Lighting SupportYes
Video Memory1.5 GB
Vertex Shader Support5.0
Pixel Shader Support5.0
Microsoft DirectX* Version11.0
Current Graphics Resolution1920x1080
Current Color Depth32 Bits Per Pixel

MOTHERBOARD INFORMATION

Manufacturernot detected
ModelNS-P11W7100
AA Numbernot detected
BIOS VendorAmerican Megatrends Inc.
BIOS VersionAmerican Megatrends Inc. 5.11
BIOS Release Date 
System Memory2.0 GB
Sound CardNuvoton SST Nau88L24 Codec Device

PROCESSOR INFORMATION

ManufacturerIntel
ModelIntel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8300 CPU @ 1.44GHz
Intel Processor analysis toolsIntel Processor analysis tools
CPU Speed1.4 GHz
Link to Processor SpecificationLink to Processor Specification
CPU Revision 
CPU Type00
CPU Family06
CPU Model4C
CPU Stepping3

WIRED NETWORKING INFORMATION

Wired Networking Product 
Driver Version 
Hardware IDs 

WIRELESS NETWORKING INFORMATION

Wireless Networking ProductIntel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
Driver Version19.51.0.4
Hardware IDsms_pppoeminiport
Visitor

jmt87 wrote:
Good to hear.

I know it is a low spec device compared to major brands, but I actually it for the money.

Even have a couple Linux distros running on it, booting from flash drives. The three problems I have had was sound, touch, and for some odd reason, battery monitoring. Since sound and battery are Intel related, it may be the hardware is new enough that the Linux community hasn't caught up yet.

Other than those issues, it actually runs really well on Linux.

My next step is maybe tearing it down and seeing if there is an additional memory slot. Hardware info on Linux is showing a second open memory buss. May look into that.

For anyone who is Interested... There are no additional memory slots available. Everything is soldered to a single board. Smiley Sad

Visitor

The touchscreen is a silead and the drivers are in the download at the beginning of this thread

The drivers in the download DO NOT provide all of the drivers for the tablet. There are several that are not in the download.