Highlighted
Visitor

Re: I need drivers for my Win10 NS-P11W7100

I downloaded the driver located on the information page, however, apparently, it is the WiFi driver only.

Why can't insignia post a full suite of drivers?

Thanks

Jeff

Visitor

Hi, do you know if your Insignia NS-P11W7100 Win 10 tablet sees your touchpad as a touchpad or just a generic HID mouse? I tried installing all of your drivers but the tablet still only sees my touchpad as a generic mouse.

Thanks much.
Regular Contributor

I think that the tablets sold under the Insignia label are manufactured by an independent outfit whose products are also sold under other labels.

Insignia sold an eight inch Windows tablet...NS-P08W7100. That model is now discontinued. The NuVision version of the eight inch tablet went off the market at, roughly, the same time.
I Love "FEATURE 00"
Visitor

Does anyone know what the maker of the touchpad is or have the touchpad drivers for this device? My touchpad has been all wonky after a fresh windows 10 install and the tablet just uses a generic HID mouse driver for the touchpad.
Regular Contributor

I don't think that any drivers outside of what is found on the product pages will be available. If there are no driver updates available, another fresh Windows 10 installation might aleviate the situation.
I Love "FEATURE 00"
Contributor

See page two of this thread. They are all the drivers from my Windows 10 install just after I got my tablet last year. It should have all the drivers you will need. Just have to extract them from the zip file and place them in a folder. Then point Windows to search that folder and it's sub-folders.
Contributor

By the way, I actually wiped this tablet and am running Ubuntu Linux on it. Other than the touch screen not working yet (just haven't had time to figure out drivers yet) it actually runs really well with Linux. Better than Windows 10 in all respects that I have tested.
Visitor

@jmt87. I did try your driver package but there doesn't seem to be a driver for the touchpad. Everything else seems to be covered except the touchpad (which is still just seen as a generic HID mouse). I'm actually thinking of putting Linux on there myself and am glad to hear that it does run well on it. What version of Ubuntu are you running on it?
Contributor

The 18.04 Bionic Beaver Beta release. Runs pretty well outside of no touch screen and still working on trying to get sound working, which isn't a deal breaker for me. Upgraded to the mainline kernel, but still nothing. Been busy with work, so haven't been able to trouble shoot it much. Will say battery is much better, close to 6-7 hours with basic useage.

As far as the touchpad drivers for Win10, I don't remember if the touchpad was seen as anything bit a HID device. I tried messing with it due to the swipe gestures and never did find anything for actual touch pad settings. Just generic "mouse" settings.
Visitor

Glad to see that Ubuntu does work on this tablet. I'm conidering doing this on mine. After researching I have determined that the touchscreen is manufactured by Silead. I believe the windows 10 drivers can be found here As for Linux, I have found a generic driver for Silead touchscreens being developed here but I have not tested it on this tablet. Maybe someone here can try and see if they work.