Icons Not Working on Tablet

Just bought the tablet NS-P11A8100 - I am a total LOW TECH guy.  Some of the icon buttons on the bottom of the home screen don't always work.  I mean the Chrome icon, G Mail icon, etc. or else I have to tap them twice to get them to open.  Is this the way it's supposed to be?  Thank yoy.

Larry (Total Luddite)

Insignia Support

Re: Icons Not Working on Tablet

Greetings Larry12345,

Thanks for joining our community with your questions, and for choosing Insignia. I’d be happy to see what advice I can provide you on this double click issue at this time.

At this time we don’t have a User’s Manual published for the NS-P11A8100. It’s quite possible you could’ve accidently turned on something within the accessibility functions.  It would be best to visit your local Best Buy’s Geek Squad to have them look over your tablet to ensure that everything is reacting as it should be. You can schedule an appointment here. They’d be happy to see how they can assist you further plus answer any additional questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Hi Larry... It's not just you, and I've been a tech geek since the early '70s. I also have a P11A8100 and find the same thing happening. You may have noticed  that all of the icons on the bottom row are also in a "folder" named Google in the next row up. When gmail, chrome, etc won't open after a finger press or two, or three, I'll open the folder and launch them from there. Although, even then I sometimes have to press the icon more than once.

So, no, that's not the way it's supposed to be, but I just wanted to let you know that it's not just you. I think it's some combination of where you press the icon, how hard, and for how long. I'm  just learning to live with it.

Dave

Highlighted

thanks - now I don't feel like a complete jerk.  But I've noticed that this condition is sporadic.  Sometimes the icons work just fine.This is my very first time using a tablet - I don't have a smart phone so this is all very new to me and I am a complete Luddite with high tech.