Contributor

Re: Insignia NS-15MS08 Drivers?

i did an upgrade but i cant boot from usb ive pressed f12 ive gone to bios and it wont let me change boot device and secure boot is off

Contributor

not secure boot i forgot what its called

Contributor

Does it recognize your USB as a boot device? Get the mediacreator software to create an ISO. Use rufus to build you a new image using UEFI boot. Then you should be able to see it as a boot device. Let me know.

Regular Contributor

In addition to Kansub's excellent advice be sure to run Disk Cleanup on the "C" drive after all your updates are complete. You can choose to remvoe all the old installation files. They can add up to over 10GB from a clean install, and upgrades are even worse. You can still have your full Windows 8 installation sitting on the drive hidden away to roll back to if you don't like Windows 10.

Contributor

i have used disk cleanup only 356mb cleaned so ill try to use media creation but im going to have to use it on the tablet cuz media creation requires windows 7 and above and my pc is running vista so is there a way to change the download place for the iso

Regular Contributor

Did you also select the Cleanup System Files button when doing Disk Cleanup? That's where the majority of the hidden stuff will be found.

Contributor

i ran disk cleanup in system files too

Hi there.  You don't happen to still have this image, do you?  I'm kicking myself for noting getting a block-level one before I did the Win10 update.

Visitor

So after my Windows 10 update, then a bunch of driver install and storage space work, I just have two problems left:

1) The tablet consistently crashes 4 times at bootup before coming back. The pattern seems to be: Bluescreen, bluescreen requiring holding down the power and vol down button to reset, startup recovery, bluescreen requiring reset, then back running.

2) WiFi seems extremely weak requiring you to be right next to the router or the connection constantly hangs. (The Realtek driver reports as version 3008.8.401.2015).

Any ideas for these?

Contributor

Try refreshing your pc and keep nothing. Back all your stuff up. is this an update or upgrade from 8.1?