Visitor

Re: Insignia NS-15MS08 Drivers?

I am looking at getting a second device so I can compare items the difference between a bing clean install and the image from the restore.  So far it will be a tedius task but it should be worth it.  The screen on this device is far better than 90% of the other tablets I have seen at this price range.

Visitor

I definitely can see that will b tedious..  How are you gonna compare the two registries?  Is there a prog to do that?  I have 2 Unbranded tabs also from BB, the one i did a clean install couldnt get windows capacitive button to work either...

happy holiday

Visitor

Run through device manager and compare the two.  See if there are any differences.  For comparing registry just a simple registry dump would work.  Then comparing whats different in them... I'd probablly write a quick c# program to eliminate whats the same since most diff comparing programs work on identical locations not whether the same content is in there just at a different location.

Visitor

Cool, let me know if i can help in any way.  I only have 1 ns-15ms08 but i do have 2 ubranded 10 in which i think use the same capacitive button set up.

An interesting thing is that I have a levono yoga 2 and a toshiba wt8-a32.  Both also have capacitive windows button but they didn't exactly need anything done extraordinarily.   For the toshiba, at least they provide all the driver installation exe so doesn't count.  As for yoga 2, same crappy service they are doing like insignia not providing the official driver files...  I copied out the filerepository driver dir and used that after a clean install and the capacitive button worked fine...  So  just kinda wondering....

I am thinking the answer must be somewhere in the registry or device manager too...

Visitor

Do you have a link to the one that does provide the driver?  Maybe that can be used on the insignia to see if it recognizes it.

Visitor

toshiba and levono prob use a different setup with regard to their button (toshiba actually also has  haptic feedback)  so i dont think it will work with our tablet.  I went thr device manager and couldnt see anything different on the two unbranded tab...  I am almost certain its a reg setting as on surface tab there is some reg setting you can change to enable disable.  but that reg setting is not present in our registry.

My Surface RT uses this registry key to enable the home button:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SurfaceHomeButton

Strangely, there's no actual Windows service called "Surface Home Button" that I can see running, but this reg key definately does something on the Surface.

Can someone with a working NS-15MS08 take a look here?

Welp, I was working on a Windows 10 clean install, when I noticed that the stock image's Goodix driver actually contains a nested keyboard filter driver, that was missing this thread's driver package.

So has anyone gotten the Physical Start/Home button to work?

Regular Contributor

I've tried many approaches, and so far all I have managed to do is bork up my touch calibration. I've tried a few system resets and clean installs, but I haven't fixed that problem yet.