Re: Insignia NS-15MS08 Drivers?

I have a second one of these tablets... I think I'm going to wind up just using Acronis to mirror all the partitions / files / everything over to this one with the touch-button problem.

Regular Contributor

If BB would just provide a full driver pack like every other PC vendor we would not have to go the long way round the barn to keep our machines current.

Visitor

So, i figured out the Captive Home button problem

The home button is part of the touch screen and there is a missing file, TouchSetting.gt, that needs to go into c:\windows\inf

I figured this out after going through the touchscreen driver for the HP stream 7 which also uses a goodix controller.  I had also cobbled together a driver package installer using both the HP installer script with the drivers and touchsetting.gt files from insignia.  I have only tested this by completly removing the drivers and touchsettings.gt from a working tablet and then reinstalling the drivers and moving touchsetting.gt to c:\windows\inf.  Your mileage may vary with a clean install as i have not tested it, but based on the behavior i have noticed, it should work too.  Here is the zip file with the required files.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=17118926766465451339

Regular Contributor

The zipped driver archive comes in handy when updating the tablet to Windows 10 Home. Everything else appears to work, even with a clean install, but the camera shows now video or image using the built-in Microsoft driver cache.

Installing the camera INF and rebooting enables both cameras to function as they should.

Visitor

Hi Everyone,

I managed to get Windows 10 to install, but had to wipe my C: drive during the process.

Now, Windows 10 won't activate.  It says my product key is blocked.  I tried pulling it out of BIOS but it won't take that one.

Anyone else had this problem?  Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Colin

Regular Contributor

Microsoft warned that the only way to activate Windows 10 is as an upgrade. After a machine is activated once then you can wipe the system and do a coean install repeatedly, but you cannot skip the upgrade process on the first installation.

I suspect Microsoft is going to have to come up with a solution if a large number of users find this out the hard way.

Visitor

I couldn't do it as an upgrade.  It kept telling me it didn't have enough storage space, even with a clean install and no Onedrive files.

Regular Contributor

About the only way possible was to use an SD card to hold the installation files. That was how I did it.

Visitor

Can you elaborate on this?  I tried using the "Create Installation Media for Another PC" option and putting it on an SD card, but it asks for a product key and won't skip it.

Regular Contributor

For the 8 inch tablet you must install the 32-bit Home version to disable the key request.  No orher version is eligible as a free upgrade on the small tablet unless you previously installed Windows 10 as part of the Insider beta program.