Visitor

Re: Insignia NS-15MS08 Drivers?

So, create installation media for another PC, choose 32 bit home version?  I'll give it a try again.

Thanks for your help.

--Colin

Regular Contributor

I have a lot of experience with the tablet, so I am happy to help where I can.

Visitor

So after restoring to 8.1 with my recovery USB drive and destroying the recovery partition on the SD in the process, I was able to install Windows 10 relatively easy from an SD card.  Smiley Very Happy  I have a feeling I made it harder than it had to be.

Thanks!

--Colin

Hello danlshane

I'm trying to access the NS-15MS08 via usb cable which is connected to my windows 7 PC, but it doesn't seem to detect the tablet, is there any driver I need to install?

Whats the best and easiest way to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1? Is there any driver required thru out the upgrade progress? Since I don't have the OTG cable, I'm trying to backup the whole image to my windows 7 PC before doing anything, is there any other way around? I only got 1GB Free space in my NS-15MS08.... please help

how do you create recovery USB drive ? thanks a lot!

Regular Contributor

If you go to this tutorial you will learn how to download Windows 10 and create a bootable USB drive:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/features/how-to-make-a-bootable-usb-disk-for-windows-10-722670

You will not be able to simply connect a Windows tablet to another computer or a USB flash drive with a standard USB cable. A special OTG cable is required to do this. they are hard (if not impossible) to find in retail stores, but they can be purchased quite inexpensively online.

Hi, Someone please tell me how do i use the recovery files I have downloaded from http://www.mediafire.com/download/8pk91hsjn0jrcp9/NS-15MS08.zip to create a recovery media to reverse my tablet back to its original state. Thanks in advance!

Visitor

Thanks lllsondowlll for zipping up those drivers!

I ran into an issue with this tablet where the windows 10 upgrade wouldn't download and the upgrade stored on a USB drive kept erroring out (16gb too small to do the recovery from?). The only way I was able to get windows 10 installed was a clean install from USB media.  Apparently Microsoft doesn't like people doing that that (even though it was my only option), and Windows10 won't activate. Does anybody know how to recover back to 8.1 with Bing?

Regular Contributor

I have had to do exactly that with my tablet. Fortunately I had created a USB recovery drive, so all I had to do was boot from a Windows 8.1 installation USB drive and select to recover the previous installation from the recovery drive. But without that recovery drive you are going to have trouble.

I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 but after reading this thread I'm not clear that it will work.  I see some people saying they couldn't do an upgrade and could only do a clean install in which case it will not activate.  So how to upgrade properly to Windows 10 then?

I have a USB drive loaded with W10-32 Home but I'm not going to bother if it wont activate after the install.