Contributor

Re: Insignia NS-15MS08 Drivers?

If you have a valid Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 upgrade or regular license key, the latest insider build of Win 10 can be activated with those keys. After practically bricking the tablet I now managed to clean install and successfully activate Win 10 with an 8.1 upgrade license key. Once the drivers on the site were installed, the tablet works fine. Bootable image created using rufus. Thanks danlshane and all the others who contributed their  time.

Contributor

uh im running vista and apparently it cant do thatSmiley Indifferent

Contributor

im thinking about keeping windows 10 now but you said you should have 9gb free i have like 2gb and i was wondering if there is a fix for this srry im an extreme noob at tech

Contributor

If you look around such keys are everywhere. If you work anywhere where there are Win 7 computers  you'd find stickers that have the key on them. Sometimes under the work laptop battery. Just get one of those, use the aforementioned build and activate. 

Contributor

its activated i used the upgrade thingy but someone said that windows 10 takes up much less space and he said there should be 9gb free but even if i factory reset it is still 2gb free

Contributor

make that 1.39

Contributor

I have two questions on my tablet with respect to drivers and Win 10. Responses from danlshane is appreciated.

. 1. The autorotate always puts the tablet in flipped portrait mode. In settings, once I fix the mode to portrait and set autorotate to off I can use the tablet in portrait mode (only) . Same with  landscape . Always inverted when viewing unless the accelerometer is off.

2. No sound. The tablet says Intel SSD sound is active and appropriate controls work, no errors on device manager. But no sound from the device itself. Have not tried with headphones though. One more thing. There is a realtek driver in device manager but I do not see it in sounds and audio. Don't know what to do with it.

BTW, sfter upgrading to the build 10565 I reverted to the regular Win 10 build with a fresh install. Tablet stayed activated.

Contributor

It does occupy about 9GB>  have about 4.5 GB free.

Contributor

whats wierd is that i get 2gb but after a little while it starts to get lower and lower until theres no space

Contributor

Did you do a fresh install or  upgrade? I would highly recommend a new fresh install and then reinstall drivers from this site. Once activated, the  tablet will be good for all  subsequent fresh installs.