Insignia NS-P11A8100 keyboard will not connect

We got our son an Insignia NS-P11A8100 11.6 tablet and the keyboard will not connect. I have tried pairing it with Bluetooth but I get nothing. It hasn’t worked since it came out of the box. Is there something I am doing wrong or something else I can try? Very frustrating!
Regular Contributor

Re: Insignia NS-P11A8100 keyboard will not connect

Check to make sure that the keyboard and tablet are running compatible with each other. Different versions of Bluetooth may not play nicely with each other.  Smiley Frustrated

I Love "FEATURE 00"
Regular Contributor

My prior post should have said to check to make sure that the keyboard and tablet are running compatable versions of Bluetooth.* (Best Buy might want to get an editing feature added to this site).  Smiley Sad

I Love "FEATURE 00"
Regular Contributor

I'm batting 0 for 0 today. Smiley Sad

If this is the supplied keyboard that you are having problems getting the tablet to recognize, I would take the unit to a Best Buy and have them check it out. It is possible that either the keyboard or the tablet is defective.

I Love "FEATURE 00"

It was sold together as one unit. Looks like I’ll probably end up just returning it.

Re: Insignia NS-P11A8100 has a USB port but isn't connecting to my external hard drive

I purchased the Android Version of the Flex 11.6 tablet PC from Best Buy.  I am trying to open an external hard drive via using the USB port and for some reason it doesn't recognize the hard drive.  Does this tablet allow for use of an external hard drive other than a flash pen? 

Regular Contributor

I think that the options are limited to a USB drive and a micro SD.
I Love "FEATURE 00"

I can't understand that. if it can open a flash pen, why won't it open an external drive? if my Asus Transformer 1 can open it, then surely a table 7 years younger that it, should be ankle tip open an external drive. My Samsung Galaxy Tab with keyboard can also open the external drive. All of them are android devices. This Insignia is the only one that won't open the hard drive. doesn't make God sense to me. I should be able to plug it into any device and transfer files.
Regular Contributor

It could be a cost-cutting move. Low end tablets lack some capabilities found in higher end models. Tablets bearing the Insignia label are virtually identical to those by NuVision. I tend to think that the tablets are manufactured by a single company.

Having said that....one other possible explanation could be that the tablet is not supplying enough power to operate the drive properly.

Some owners of Microsoft Surface Pro 2-in-1s report that they need to use an external power source in order for it to work. I haven't tried such a hookup with either of my Surface devices though.
I Love "FEATURE 00"