Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Kernel Source

Hi, I am looking for Kernel source and stock boot.img and recovery.img if available for NS-P08A7100.

I have already unlocked the bootloader, need to compile or modify an existing boot.img.

The goal is to root and modify tablet, add custom recovery.

Contributor

Re: Kernel Source

Open Source Software For OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE information refer to the on-screen display on your product. If you require additional information or you wish to receive the complete corresponding GPL or LGPL licensed source code, please call the Insignia support line at 1-877-467-4289. This source code is available for a period of three (3) years from the date of the distribution of this product by Insignia. You service department has no Ideal about what open source is.
Visitor

How did you unlock the bootloader. I'm trying to unlock/root this thing.

Visitor

In another post, 

Hi,

Have you rooted your device?  I have the NS-P08A7100 as well and was hoping to root it.

Thanks!

Contributor

You can't root this device without kernel source, as of now I haven't received it.

So no the device isn't Rooted.

Contributor

Still no source, I keep getting emails, telling me it takes time, well time has pasted and still no source code.

Ok.  Please let us know when you get it (if you do).

Thanks!

Contributor

After all this time still no source kernel, Insignia kernel builders are idiots, the tablet has so many problems due to kernel, unable to fix without kernel source, insignia refuses to release kernel source.

Contributor

Finally after almost 5 months, I got the source code today, was able to fix my device, and build a permissive kernel so I could root this tablet.

The tablet runs, well now, and I can use rooted apps that I need.

To those that have requested the source code, if you haven't received it you should took me almost 5 months.