Re: Kernel Source

Hey ShadowMJA, I never received anything, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

If you do happen to get something, please pass it along to me!
Contributor

I have already explained, what people that wants to root their device for free has to do, as for me supplying the root, I have zero intentions​ on helping anyone root their device.

My tools, time and help costs simple as that, to do it yourself only cost you your time.

@Vampireinfo

Could you upload the source? Other people are interested in rooting this device, and insignia is not providing a direct download, or providing it to everyone.

Contributor

Upload 26 GB of source, that would be a no.

Thanks for being an asset to the community.... Anyway has someone helpful managed to get their hands on the source?

Highlighted

I have a NS-P08A7100. I made up a throwaway gmail account with junk password. It is months later, problem with tablet, and I wiped and factory reset.

Now, I have "THE GOOGLE PROBLEM." The setup welcome screen takes me though steps where I am forced to connect/login to a router, then presented with a google screen asking me for a email and username which was previously synced with the device. Obviously, this is going to be impossible. Many wipe data-resets later, same unbreakable loop.

I took the tablet into the geek squad where I purchased it, and they informed me they have seen this problem, many times before (at least I was able to make them admit that much), and that it was pretty hopeless, and suggested I contact google. Now, unless google has a staff of wizards on payroll, I only suspect I will be given the run around again, and google ARE PROFESSIONAL CRIMINALS -- they are holding access to my property hostage, and insisting I have a google acound before accessing it -- CRAZY.

A firmware falsh would sure help, or any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

I agree, google are criminals which have installed malware which prevents one from using their property until their extortion demands are met. This is no different than malware which caputures your email and extorts money from you to access your account -- only worse, this is not just holding an account hostage, THIS IS HOLDING REAL PHYSICAL PROPERTY FOR RANSOM.

Aren't there any attorneys who will wake up and smell the fame and fortune off of fighting evil and defeating the villian google? How about a class action lawsuit from everyone who has had their devices "ruined" by google?