Re: Kernel Source

Hi Vampirefo,

That's good news.  Could you share how you rooted your device?  I am not sure where to start.

Thanks 

Contributor

Rooting is straight forward, once you get the source code compile fastboot binary, and permissive kernel, compile cwm recovery two doesn't work on this device.

Boot into bootloader, use fastboot binary to unlock bootloader flash permissive kernel, boot into cwm recovery install chain fire SuperSu use system installation, systemless doesn't work

Contributor

Spell check changed TWRP to two, TWRP recovery isn't compatible with this Intel, cwm recovery has no problem flashing root package though.

Thanks for the helpful info. I'll give it a go when I get a chance.

Can you please post the source code or better yet the cwm recovery to a file download site I have the same NS-P08A7100 thanks beargriz@live.com

I would also appreciate this. I have the same tablet and I've asked Insignia for the source code and they said only Geek Squad employees are allowed to have it!

I could also use the source. Any chance of getting it uploaded?

Please send the source for this if you've got it. Msg me for Email. I'm DYING to get this thing rooted!

I am also very anxious to root.  If anyone gets this, I would appreciate if you would message me as well.  Thanks!

Hey VampireInfo is there anyway you could message me with the info as well? I would greatly appreciate it.