Visitor

NS-P08W7100: Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update

Can the NS-P08W7100 take the Fall Creator's Update that was released today by Microsoft?

Insignia Support

Re: NS-P08W7100: Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update

Hello dexman,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

For more information on Windows updates for your tablet, I recommend contacting Insignia Support at 877-467-4289.

Thank you for writing to us.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

Visitor

John,

I did contact support, but, did not receive a straight answer. This is a "Yes or No" question. The tablet is currently running the Creator's Update from earlier this year with no problems. Microsoft never sent the update to ANY of my three Windows devices. I had to do the update manually to my Surface 3, Surface Pro 3 and the Insignia.

So, yes or no, can the Insignia tablet accept the Fall Creator's Update?

Visitor

Due to the lack of a straight-up "yes" or "no" response from Insignia, I went ahead and downloaded the Fall Creator's Update to the NS-P08W7100. The only issue that I can come up with is on the login screen.  You enter the password, the tablet shows the spinning wheel pattern without the word "Welcome". After several seconds elapse, the password box reappears. Smiley Sad

If you reenter the password, the computer then ghives you the spining wheel pattern AND the word "Welcome"...followed by a fast transition to the user's home screen.

I tried flushng the tablet and re-installing the OS using Microsoft's Clean Installation tool......Still seeing the same problem.

Looks like this is a bug that Microsoft will need to squash at some point...hopefully sooner rather than later. But other than that, the tablet seems to be operating as intended with the latest OS. Smiley Happy

Visitor

John ...

Why bother having a forum if the answer from insignia is always call support. The object of a forum is to post answers to the problem so others who have purchased the product can benefit from it.

While I’m ranting, why is there not a location where drivers can be downloaded for your products that the device owners can easily find?  Basic customer service 101 there.

Sorry daxman for hijacking your thread.

Visitor

No worries Smiley Happy

It has been a while since I posted the topic, so I thought I would provide an update. I guess to start things off, it looks like there are, almost no 8" Windows tablets on the market. Both the Insignia and NuVision versions are discontinued (I suspect they are the same tablet with different branding and sporting slightly different verisons of Windows 10 Home). Only the SuperSonic 8" tablet remains, and, it appears to be a special order as no Best Buys within driving distance have any in stock,

Interestingly enough, the problem which resulted in the need to log in 2x resolved itself.  With no intervention on my part, the tablet started to accept the first log so now it logs in the same way other computers running Windows 10 Home or Pro. Needless to say, I'm going to be a little skittish if the need to factory default the tablet arises. Smiley Frustrated