Contributor

Re: NS-P11W6100 Drivers?

To find what kind of Wi-Fi you have follow this guide and paste the hardware id into Google. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2089404/how-to-easily-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-windows.htm...
Contributor

Thanks but the method presented is predicated on one having a device (known or unknown) in device magr.  The update wiped out whatever driver was there.  If there was a listing in Device Mgr I'd be set as I could probably deal with it from there but, No WIFI driver in Device Mgr. Thanks.

-ed

Contributor

I guess I will have to revert to the previous Windows anniversary edition.  Maybe I can gather some info on the WIFI driver and then move forward.

Contributor

Do you see  any unknown devices in the device manager, it won't display what kind of device it is, unless of course the only driver that is missing is the wifi driver. Googling the device descriptor can identify the device for you before ownloading the correct drivers for it.

Contributor

Nothing shown in Device Mgr.  I started another thread to document my specific problem.  I reverted back to Anniversary Edition and noted the WIFI driver (Intel AC- 3165).  When I get some time I will re-upgrade to Creators Update and go from there.  This needs to be solved because the Fall Creators Update will be here before you know it.

Ed

Contributor

this should be the right drivers you are looking for if im not mistaken. If the wifi drivers were the only thing not working in your upgraded build, I would put these on a usb drive and install them on the creators update.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/89450/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3165

Contributor

Yup, that's the plan.  Thanks for that, I downloaded all 3 versions (just in case).  And yes, AFAIK the WIFI was the only thing not working.  BT even worked, go figure.

I recently purchased the Insignia 11.6 and had the same issues with loss of wifi capabilty after the windows update. I found a solution that was pretty simple but required my being able to hardwire the device to my router. I fortunately had purchased an inexpensive cat5 to USB adapter, since the device has USB ports on the keyboard. Simply plugged the adapter in, got access to the internet, went to the device, selected the option to find and updated driver and within 5 minutes the wifi driver was installed and wifi was functional. Just another approach that turned out to be a very simple solution, just needed the adapter.

Highlighted
Contributor

The problem I encountered was there WAS NO device in device manager to update. So I reverted back to anniversary edition (1607) and maybe I'll figure it out at some point...