Highlighted
Visitor

NS-P11W7100 Flex Windows Tablet Original UEFI/BIOS

I think I need to flash the original UEFI/BIOS on my tablet. This will sound rather silly maybe, but here it goes... I was changing some options in the bios some time back. I was going to try out a live version of Ubuntu on a USB stick, so I went in to disable the secure boot option. Took a pause to go to the restroom and found my cat lying on the keyboard and the tablet restarted. I was hoping she didn't make any bad changes, but I new right away that something was wrong. The keyboard power indicator light was not on but the screen was on the windows boot logo.  Then the screen went black and never completed booting. Since then, I have tried to reboot to no avail, windows would not boot, windows recovery would not boot.  I tried to access the UEFI/BIOS, and even though I got in by pressing Volume UP and Power at the same time, I could not get it any farther that the first screen with the language, time and date, still no keyboard function.  I could navigate with the volume up and down, and the power key was Enter. I just could not get to any other part of the BIOS to find out what my cat changed. So, I tried several different things including booting from a thumb drive, plugging in an extra usb keyboard, plugging in a USB keyboard to the USB type C port and using different key combinations on boot to reset the UEFI to factory or original state. I finally have given up. Today, I tried my last ditch effort of running the batteries completely dead in hopes it would reset the UEFI to factory state. Unbelievably, in order to speed up the process, I started by plugging in an external USB drive with to the USB C port, and it showed power to the drive, but no disk activity.  After a while like that, I plugged a phone into the USB C port and it started charging, so I guess worst case scenario I have a rather large supplemental phone battery. The strange thing is, when I plug in a USB stick to the USB C port, the stick doesn't power on.

I'm not sure what got changed in the UEFI/BIOS that day, but I sure would appreciate any more suggestions or possibly someone uploading an original BIOS file that I could try to flash.  It's my understanding that I can rename the file to AMIBOOT.ROM and it should automatically flash from an SD Card. Other than that, I've exhausted everything I can think of. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and incidentally as I type this, my cat is again laying on the keyboard to the tablet sleeping....

Visitor

Re: NS-P11W7100 Flex Windows Tablet Original UEFI/BIOS

I'm bumping this... If you have the NS-P11W7100, I could step you through making a backup of your UEFI/BIOS Rom. 

My good old trusty tablet is now sitting as a paperweight, and sometimes a kitty chair.

Please help me out if you can... Thanks in Advance.