Visitor

NS-P11W7100 Windows tablet does not have sleep mode in power menu?

Hey guys, I just received my new NS-P11W7100 tablet yesterday and dived right into a bunch of installation and tune ups, then I found the tablet does not have a "sleep" option when I click the power button.

Also when I close the lid or press hardware power button, the tablet can still be remotely accessed (I installed VNC) so it does look like it was not sleeping at all.

Can anyone own the same tablet help me check what is your tablet's behavior is?

I wonder whether there is any factory reset image for this tablet, I might want to start from clean in case I messed anything up.

Contributor

Re: NS-P11W7100 Windows tablet does not have sleep mode in power menu?

I own an NS-P08W7100. A quick press of the power button does put it to sleep.

Check the options in the following location...

SETTINGS --> Power & sleep. --> Additional power settings. See what the device is set for. ☺
Visitor

I do see that sleep setting, however there is no sleep choice when manually click shutdown button, is that same for you?

Also my tablet will drain all the battery overnight in sleep. I disabled hibernate, but even under sleep, is not it supose to only consume tiny amount of power?

Contributor

On my 8" tablet....along with the Surface 3 and Surface Pro 3, a quick press of the power button simply shuts off the screen. I don't see any shutdown menu. The only time I can select between sleep and shutdown is when I press the Windows button in the lower left hand corner of the screen (or on the keyboards) and then click/tap the popup power button icon.

The batteries in these lower end tablets are smaller than those found in higher end units, thus they will need to be recharged more frequently than not.

With the current version of Windows 10, you have the option to scale back on the processor in a attempt to conserve power. Simply click on the battery icon found in the System Tray and move the slider fully to the left. To be honest, one of the reasons Microsoft has been working with Qualcom is to develop a way for Windows to run on Snapdragon processors. The idea is to be able to build computers that can run native Windows programs while taking advantage of the Snapdragon processors' power sipping operation & always on 4G/LTE.

Some other avenues to explore....

Settings--> Battery-->Battery usage by app

Here you can get a listng of how much power various apps are consuming. In my 8" tablet, Microsoft Edge tends to take the most power of all the apps.

Battery Report.

You can generate a battery report to inspect the health of the internal battery pack.

. Right click on the Start Menu

. Click on Windows Power Shell (Admin)

. Answer YES to the UAC prompt

.  Copy & Paste powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html" into the command prompt window.

.  In Cortana's search box Cut & Paste  "C:\battery_report.html"

A good explaination of how to make sense of the report is given by Daniel Rubino of Windows Central in an article he wrote back on February 18, 2016.

One metric that I zero in on is the maximum design capacity of the internal battery vs what the report shows the actual maximum capacty. Batteries tend to lose their ability to maintain a charge over time. (Apple is getting an earfull over this).

Sorry for the length of my post. ☹️