Nintendo Switch and the Insignia USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adaptor

Does the Nintendo Switch work with the Insignia 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adaptor?  Mine does not.  I have hooked it up successfully to my PC, but it fails to do anything on my Nintendo Switch at all, USB 3 or 2.  

Insignia Support

Re: Nintendo Switch and the Insignia USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adaptor

Greetings Alphawoolf,

Thanks for joining our “pack”! Having a hardwired connection for your Nintendo Switch would be very beneficial. I’m sorry to hear that the way you’ve attempted to achieve that with our USB 3.0-To-Gibabit Ethernet Adapter isn’t working. I’d be happy to share why that is!

The Insignia NS-PU98635 is intended to add a wired Ethernet connection to a compatible PC or Mac laptop or Ultrabook. Since the item works by downloading a driver your Nintendo Switch is unable to accept a third party driver. The Q&A for this product on BestBuy.com does share that other customers have had the same question as you, and they didn’t have any luck either for the same reasons I noted above.

Thank you for your question! Please let me know if you have any additional ones, and I’d be happy to help you answer them.

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia Support