Contributor

Re: Problem updating tablet

Insignia and BestBuy don't seem to care at all. I have now 3 tablets that are absolutely useless as the wireless module is so unstable it is simply impossible to connect to anything. Insignia does not do anything to fix this update issue. BestBuy refuses to take them back even though they are less than one year old. What kind of bullcrap is this company? Why does BestBuy continue selling their junk?

I have the same problem- very disappointing. I don't see a response from Insignia posted anywhere.

With all due respect, Jon, nobody is addressing the big elephant in the room.  This tablet is set up as a PHONE.  If you look into the system settings, "airplane mode" is available, and there is a "network" (cellular) tag.  Finally, in the system update, there is an option for regular automatic "OTA" (Over the Air) updates.

This is the reason that we get this message that we need to check the network - it is referring to the CELLULAR NETWORK, and not the local LAN.

Insignia needs to address this problem, notify registered owners that there is a patch available for manual download and instructions on how to apply the patch.

Until this happens, the tablet will NEVER update itself thus leaving owners to security breaches, bugs that aren't fixed, and compatibility issues that continue to plague the tablet.

Highlighted

I guess this is a lost cause.  I realize that these tablets are cheap, but the old saying rings true that you get what you pay for. Its a sad situation that Best Buy and Insignia don't support these products especially since the original design is flawed.

When these tablets break I'll toss them and buy another brand that's rated more reliable!